Match Report and MOm v Watford

Having played local football during my early years I know what it's like to get a kicking. Teams like Whatfor terrorise their opponents by collectively trying to knock seven bells out of them. Imagine flying forwards, like Fraser does, thinking I'm going to get poleaxed in a minute. Must have an effect on your game. Overall we held up well given the circumstances.

Fraser specifically, you can see it frustrates him when he feels he's not being protected by the ref, but it doesn't really faze him. Just before we signed him he was already the most fouled player in the SPL that season

Surprised nobody has mentioned the altercation between Jeff Mostyn and a guy sitting with the Watford directors in the Main Stand. The two had to be separated by the stewards. Jeff really lost it. Thought he was going to head butt the guy.

That will be when the Watford chap suggested Fraser had dived after Doucoure tried to remove his patella.

FWIW the scout sat next to me last - who as is the nature of scouts, sat quietly watching the game - was of the view that WFC weren't quite playing in the spirit of the game. He actually flinched and drew breath when that tackle went in on Fraser. He did say from a neutral perspective, it was a fantastic match to watch.

Surprised nobody has mentioned the altercation between Jeff Mostyn and a guy sitting with the Watford directors in the Main Stand. The two had to be separated by the stewards. Jeff really lost it. Thought he was going to head butt the guy.

Now that I would pay money to see. go on Jeff - get into em !!!:punch:

I suppose I took Goslings rustiness into account a bit; I think he’s worth a 6, but I wouldn’t begrudge a lower score. Have to disagree on Daniels, his offence threat for me wasn’t good enough to make up for what was largely a pants defensive display barring a few moments. And Cook was completely at sea for the second goal and went to ground far too quickly for me. All a bit desperate. It was unlucky the way it bobbled but he was very shaky first half, for me personally.

All an opinions game ;)

Just watched the highlights on AFCB TV. For the Watford second goal Cook was wide on the right by the away dugout in support of our attack. Gosling played the ball back towards Ake who was in a central position inside our half but played it too short and Deulefeou picked it up and ran at pace towards our penalty area.

From where Cook started from he did well to get back and make a partial challenge on Deulefeou but the ball broke to an unmarked Deeney.

In no way can you criticise Cook for going to ground too soon. If he hadn't have put that challenge in Deulefeou would have had a free shot at goal.

If only Callum could impose himself like Deeny....you know pull his finger out a bit more....that would be the difference between me thinking he is overrated....to thinking he is equal to Kane!!!!!

Just watched the highlights on AFCB TV. For the Watford second goal Cook was wide on the right by the away dugout in support of our attack. Gosling played the ball back towards Ake who was in a central position inside our half but played it too short and Deulefeou picked it up and ran at pace towards our penalty area.

From where Cook started from he did well to get back and make a partial challenge on Deulefeou but the ball broke to an unmarked Deeney.

In no way can you criticise Cook for going to ground too soon. If he hadn't have put that challenge in Deulefeou would have had a free shot at goal.

Plus it was a very unusual run from Deeney. He basically followed Delofeu whearss most strikers would have gone wide to give him an option.

;