Match Report and MOM v West Ham

Great report, thanks Neil. Just one thing, not sure if we'll see this on MOTD or if the cameras caught it, but we were directly behind the goal and it appeared that Cresswell's shot for their second goal took a slight but crucial deflection off a defender (Ake, I think) which took it away from Ramsdale. I may be wrong but I felt that, but for the deflection, Ramsdale had it covered. Thought our keeper had another excellent game. That save from Anderson in the first-half was exceptional, shades of Banks v Brazil 1970!
Great report, thanks Neil. Just one thing, not sure if we'll see this on MOTD or if the cameras caught it, but we were directly behind the goal and it appeared that Cresswell's shot for their second goal took a slight but crucial deflection off a defender (Ake, I think) which took it away from Ramsdale. I may be wrong but I felt that, but for the deflection, Ramsdale had it covered. Thought our keeper had another excellent game. That save from Anderson in the first-half was exceptional, shades of Banks v Brazil 1970!
Think it was Steve Cook who tried to get the block in

Fair point. That’s me lazily listening to the radio! They must have been looking out the windows at planes then when Josh was pulled back.
unfortunately because the offence would of been a free kick, as the initial foul was outside the area VAR can not give it stupid i know as VAR will still check

This is the kind of comment that always grips me, sorry. West Ham are a good side. They are showing that so far this season, that they have improved on last season.

I disagree but time will tell. They have beaten Watford, Norwich and a Man U in disarray. They drew with Brighton and Villa. They have only played one decent side (and got humped). We could easily have beaten them today. I think quite a few teams will finish above them and they are in a false position. They were better than our last two opponents but that’s not saying much.

Great report Neil, a good point and great to see Rico & Stacey building on their form. It's looking good.

Totally agree with Druss as well about Solanke. We look like we've linked the midfield with the front players and are very dangerous going forward once again.

Don't be surprised if we get something next Sunday but equally don't be surprised with a 0-3 defeat :)

I disagree but time will tell. They have beaten Watford, Norwich and a Man U in disarray. They drew with Brighton and Villa. They have only played one decent side (and got humped). We could easily have beaten them today. I think quite a few teams will finish above them and they are in a false position. They were better than our last two opponents but that’s not saying much.
I thought West Ham were excellent first half, some of their attacking play was first-class, heart in mouth at times, cut through us easily, we probably did well to go in level. Second half we were much the better team and on another day could have won 3-1, 4-2. Pre-match I'd heard a lot about Ogbonna and their much-vaunted defence (three consecutive clean sheets?) so I think we can take a lot of heart from the chances we created and 2 goals scored, arguably 3. Still hard to see how Ake's was disallowed! Our best performance of the season for me.

I thought West Ham were excellent first half, some of their attacking play was first-class, heart in mouth at times, cut through us easily, we probably did well to go in level. Second half we were much the better team and on another day could have won 3-1, 4-2. Pre-match I'd heard a lot about Ogbonna and their much-vaunted defence (three consecutive clean sheets?) so I think we can take a lot of heart from the chances we created and 2 goals scored, arguably 3. Still hard to see how Ake's was disallowed! Our best performance of the season for me.
Ogbonna is some unit!

Imo Solanke is the key to knitting this team together, all of our best work came with him dropping between the lines and linking play cleverly. He is the number 10 that we have been absolutely lacking and I just can’t understand how anybody can fail to see what he brings to the table. Very intelligent player who I believe is the missing piece we have been looking for.

Was it just me, or should their player have gotten a yellow for a flagrant dive after Rico touched his arm (and Rico was given a yellow)?
Yes did seem that way, when they got a free kick on edge of area.
Even if rico did foul him, the yellow seemed very harsh, and some much stronger fouls that didn't get booked

I did feel the urge to write a thread about our performance on the way home but with Al creating more than one I thought Id simply add my thoughts on here.

This, first a foremost, was an excellent game of football. As good as draw as you will see this season. We were excellent at times and its weird to have a keeper in goal who makes you feel like he will save every shot and command his penalty area. He doesn't, obviously, but he gives that feeling of confidence.

Coming into the this match I thought we would struggle against one of best teams this season. But the boys stepped up and coming out of the match disappointed not to have won shows how well we had played.

Every single player played well and while Harry Wilson is still too quite in matches he really did seem to get better as the game wore on. Rico was excellent with his best and most consistent match in a Bournemouth shirt so far. Stacey was bombing up the pitch as any Howe fullback should. Billing and Lerma controlled the middle of the park. West Ham had to resort to sending the ball long or down the wings as they failed time and again to control the centre.

Last point on Solanke. I cannot understand how certain people do not see what he brings to the team. Maybe they are the same people who are blinded by fast runs into dead ends and step overs before losing the ball? Solanke links all of the players together. Hes all over the place getting the ball and bringing players in. He still has room to improve and every player who gets over the halfway line needs goals at some point or another. If Wilshire had played exactly like Solanke had for us today when he was at number 10 he would rightfully be getting rave reviews but because Solanke is titled as a striker people get upset when hes not scoring?

If we carry on winning or drawing I really dont care if Solanke doesnt score all season.

Enjoyed today and now strongly believe this can be a good year for us.
How refreshing to read a genuine report from someone who went to the game and not one from someone who writes from their armchair watching the game on television believing they are a football expert.
Yes I went to the game and Solanke played very well linking the midfield with the forward line. You see this when you see the whole game live not what Sky choose to show you

How refreshing to read a genuine report from someone who went to the game and not one from someone who writes from their armchair watching the game on television believing they are a football expert.
Yes I went to the game and Solanke played very well linking the midfield with the forward line. You see this when you see the whole game live not what Sky choose to show you
I think Solanke has been great, people criticise him because he is labelled as a striker, but if we took him out of the side the link up play would be forced and out of sync, as it was in the first 2 or 3 games. Eddie wouldn't keep playing him if he was that bad. I wouldn't say a £19m player but certainly a valuable member of the team at the moment.

I think H Wilson needs to be cut some slack,yes he is lightweight but this is his first taste of Premier League football and he will get stronger by playing regular matches,i think we were saying the same about Brooks this time last season.
He has undoubted ability and once he copes with the physical side of this League will be some player.

I wasn’t able to be there today but have just caught the highlights, so, to add to the Harry Wilson debate, he played at least 2 delightful, perfectly weighted passes to put Callum in. Unfortunately he was denied the second by a good save.

The second penalty we should have got from a foul on King in two games. Although Callum should have put the game beyond the hammers. I still think that the lino had no right to give an offisde based on "interference" on Akes goal as there is not much chance he would have know the vertical positioning

Is it just me who read “Harry” in the match report and found it weird not referring to Arter?! :)

One massive positive for me is that we have talked about the challenge of replacing the old guard in the past, but seeing the likes of Ramsdale, Stacey, Billing, Solanke (Rico was much better but jury still out for me) all getting game time and not looking out of place makes me wonder how much we can achieve in the next cycle of AFCB history. Still work to be done for sure but we could be much worse off!

Danjuma looks an interesting player based on his cameo as well, very comfortable with the ball at his feet and willing to go at people, looking forward to seeing more.

unfortunately because the offence would of been a free kick, as the initial foul was outside the area VAR can not give it stupid i know as VAR will still check
I have to slightly disagree with you Ricki39. Yes the holding began outside the penalty area but continued into the penalty area. This offence is actually punished with a penalty kick and depending upon the circumstances can also be a DOGSO resulting in a red card. Have another look at Law 12 mate. As a result it can be reviewed by VAR.

;