Match Report and MOTM vs Southampton

Not quite. Beat Man Utd at the start of November to be in 7th place and following week 1 up and in control at Newcastle only to cave in 2-1 and then the wheels came off alarmingly.

Compare that starting line up to the squad now and one could argue quite strongly that we are now better equipped in midfield and in the full back positions.

Only Ramsdale, Ake and Callum Wilson walk back into the side today.

Not quite. Beat Man Utd at the start of November to be in 7th place and following week 1 up and in control at Newcastle only to cave in 2-1 and then the wheels came off alarmingly.

Back to back wins just before lockdown made it look like we’d turned the corner, I think we would have beaten Palace if the season hadn’t have been suspended.

Sure staying up would have merely papered over some cracks, we were a squad in transition and certain players still needed to be moved on.

I think it was the Palace game shortly after that when it became clear that something had gone seriously wrong.

Eddie's autobiography is going to be such a great read.

Just thinking about that awful night at Selhurst turns me into an expletive-spitting something or other. I've seen some bad performances over nearly 5 decades from our boys, but I think I would have to put that night top of the pile. As you say, it was blatantly obvious that something had gone very, very wrong.

;