Match Report: Newcastle too good for bland Cherries:

Begovic 8 - Great saves, awful defence in front of him. MOM.
Francis 4 - Poor defensively and constantly gave the ball away.
Cook 5 - Generally poor, bullied by Rondon. Decent at corners.
Ake 4 - Out of position for both goals. Transfer talk getting to him?
Smith 5 - Got forward well, poor for the first goal. Will be a huge miss.
Ibe 3 - Very poor, had big moments to change the game. Failed them all.
Lerma 6 - Good goal, lots of interceptions, poor passing.
L. Cook 4 - No goal, few interceptions, poor passing.
Fraser 5 - High energy with little impact, poor passing.
Brooks 5 - Forced to defend, fouled out of the game. Poor passing.
Wilson 5 - Okay hold up play. Lucky not to score an OG. Not great.

Subs:
Daniels 4 - Got forward well, terrible passing. I'd have Rico in for Arsenal.
Gosling 6 - An average performance that stood out a mile amongst a sea of ****.
Defoe 3 - A big, expensive bag of nothing. Where's Mousset?

Summary:
- jESuS chrISt whAt hapPenEd tO Our PasSiNg tHis GamE???
- Newcastle were poor, if we had taken even the slimmest of chances we managed to create in this game, we would probably have gone on and won.
This .

It sounds like Lewis Cook was very fortunate the current scapegoat (Ibe) was on the pitch.
Actually according to Druss...future England Captain Lewis Cook has built up such goodwill among our fans that we are supposed to ignore any poor performances of his and continue giving Ibe a good kicking.....or Gosling...Franno ...Surman ....players that for some unknown reason don't deserve any of this "goodwill".

I know it's rather a long time after but circumstances have conspired to stop me posting until now. Here's an account of our day out rather than the match : )

Alarm went off at 2-30 Saturday morn', this gave us 2 hours to get ready and go. Had a call 2-45 from our eldest, he was not in a good way and his problems were coming to a head. Helped as much as we could but we had an important date with the Cherries and pies, peas, chips, gravy up on the Toon. Left Dean Court at 5, with fellow traveller Chris and his Dad, must have been a ridiculous early rise for those catching coaches down Weymouth way, doff of the cap to all of you : ) Picked the mid morning crew up at 6 from Rownhams : )

Off we went, found out that Chis had not only competed in the Yorkshire marathon but had won the wheelchair section, showed us some highlights from Sky sports as he crossed the line ( raced in similar conditions to the Friday night just gone). Brilliant breakfast in a services just south of Northampton, even the Good Lady enjoyed her porridge : ) Next stop Wetherby services, arrived just before our coaches, so got some relief and served before the queues started.

Arrived at St James just gone 1 o'clock, warmly greeted by friendly knowledgeable stewards and locals. They are passionate about their club but also have a genuine interest in all things football. Could have a conversation with them about our club, the style of play, how we must love having a local lad leading us. Not the usual platitudes picked up from Sky sports : )

Spoke to a really nice couple of Cherries, whilst demolishing my pie. They were up for the weekend, staying in Doncaster. Also met GaryRB, ZZZZZ, RedHarry inside the Stadium. We all have views on what happened during the match and my opinions can't change the result : )

As we were re boarding the minibus, we had the 2nd bombshell of the day. The driver had been unwell during the match, instead of catching a couple of hours kip, he had had a second chance to see his lunch, albeit "reformatted". This, potentially, left 3 wheelchair users and their carers 350 miles from home. Luckily for us, it was something he had eaten and not full blown sickness. He felt better as we went along and got us home with out any scares or problems. Rob and I kept up a constant conversation all the way back, just to make sure he didn't drop off. Luckily ( I use the term lightly ) we were listening to Mellow Magic, so we both had opinions on every song : )

Got back to Dean Court about midnight, time we got home and the Good Lady had got herself ready for bed it was nearly 3 o'clock. It wasn't so bad for her, she had slept most of the way there and back. Got to say, Rob and our fellow travellers are good company, it was again, a great adventure. If only the bit between 3 and 5 had been a bit better, it would have been brilliant : )

Thanks for reading : )

I know it's rather a long time after but circumstances have conspired to stop me posting until now. Here's an account of our day out rather than the match : )

Alarm went off at 2-30 Saturday morn', this gave us 2 hours to get ready and go. Had a call 2-45 from our eldest, he was not in a good way and his problems were coming to a head. Helped as much as we could but we had an important date with the Cherries and pies, peas, chips, gravy up on the Toon. Left Dean Court at 5, with fellow traveller Chris and his Dad, must have been a ridiculous early rise for those catching coaches down Weymouth way, doff of the cap to all of you : ) Picked the mid morning crew up at 6 from Rownhams : )

Off we went, found out that Chis had not only competed in the Yorkshire marathon but had won the wheelchair section, showed us some highlights from Sky sports as he crossed the line ( raced in similar conditions to the Friday night just gone). Brilliant breakfast in a services just south of Northampton, even the Good Lady enjoyed her porridge : ) Next stop Wetherby services, arrived just before our coaches, so got some relief and served before the queues started.

Arrived at St James just gone 1 o'clock, warmly greeted by friendly knowledgeable stewards and locals. They are passionate about their club but also have a genuine interest in all things football. Could have a conversation with them about our club, the style of play, how we must love having a local lad leading us. Not the usual platitudes picked up from Sky sports : )

Spoke to a really nice couple of Cherries, whilst demolishing my pie. They were up for the weekend, staying in Doncaster. Also met GaryRB, ZZZZZ, RedHarry inside the Stadium. We all have views on what happened during the match and my opinions can't change the result : )

As we were re boarding the minibus, we had the 2nd bombshell of the day. The driver had been unwell during the match, instead of catching a couple of hours kip, he had had a second chance to see his lunch, albeit "reformatted". This, potentially, left 3 wheelchair users and their carers 350 miles from home. Luckily for us, it was something he had eaten and not full blown sickness. He felt better as we went along and got us home with out any scares or problems. Rob and I kept up a constant conversation all the way back, just to make sure he didn't drop off. Luckily ( I use the term lightly ) we were listening to Mellow Magic, so we both had opinions on every song : )

Got back to Dean Court about midnight, time we got home and the Good Lady had got herself ready for bed it was nearly 3 o'clock. It wasn't so bad for her, she had slept most of the way there and back. Got to say, Rob and our fellow travellers are good company, it was again, a great adventure. If only the bit between 3 and 5 had been a bit better, it would have been brilliant : )

Thanks for reading : )

Always good to see you and Mrs T at the games. How you got that wheelchair up 13 flights of stairs amazes me................. ;):bow:

;