Match report v Forest

Good report but imo your ratings are either too harsh or too generous. CCV for example didn’t really put a foot wrong, surely at least a 7? Danjuma as you say did absolutely nothing, a 5 is very generous.
But just to reiterate, great report and very much appreciated!

...nice backtrack now you’ve been called out.
What? Are you serious? I said good report in the initial post? Jesus, there really is a ganging up mentality on this forum sometimes. I can understand if people don’t like my opinions and take issue with that, but I am being castigated for no reason here. I am starting to understand why Neil Dawson left. Unfortunately for you lot, you won’t get rid of me so easily.

Neil Dawson was around on here for decades, he took and gave a lot of stick ( mainly good natured on his part ). From what I can see he left here because Sam offered him the chance to be an internet influencer on BOTN : )

What? Are you serious? I said good report in the initial post? Jesus, there really is a ganging up mentality on this forum sometimes. I can understand if people don’t like my opinions and take issue with that, but I am being castigated for no reason here. I am starting to understand why Neil Dawson left. Unfortunately for you lot, you won’t get rid of me so easily.
Oh grow up. No one is trying to get rid of you, some have different views to you at times and there are other times when people will pick up on what you say. It happens to us all, so wind your neck in.

Here is the xG from a very tough watch. I've recorded it too, and my wife said my son could watch it tomorrow for a treat, I replied that it would be more like a punishment. Although it was to be expected when both teams field 2 defensive midfielder shields.

Nothing here that you wouldn't already know from watching the game, but one insight on xG itself. It gave Long a 53% chance for his header (so I suspect that it only looks at contact position and opponents positions and not whether the player is under the ball).

Forest.JPG

Some personal observations.

1) Hughton has got Forest back on track. I don't think many teams will come away with three points from the City Ground from here on in, so it wasn't a disaster result (in isolation, excluding the quality of the performance)

2) I'm not a Rico fan, but it's not clear to me why he has been singled out by some as having a worse game than some of the others.

3) I'm glad we didn't appoint Hughton, I'd struggle to watch that each week.

Really don’t think it was as poor as numerous performances this season. That’s not saying much though

It wasn’t as poor as times this season . Forest didn’t really create many chances and I know we didn’t .
Adding a new back 2 to play for the first time, Pearson and lermas 2nd game together.

If we got this point 3 months ago everyone would have said it’s a good point, but cos we are desperate for the points, it looks like not a good point.

It wasn’t as poor as times this season . Forest didn’t really create many chances and I know we didn’t .
Adding a new back 2 to play for the first time, Pearson and lermas 2nd game together.

If we got this point 3 months ago everyone would have said it’s a good point, but cos we are desperate for the points, it looks like not a good point.
I think its more the way we played, created very little, subs way to late, long never looked like scoring.

Agree - we need consistency. All this c**p about resting players. We should never have made so many changes to the starting line up today. Especially leaving out Surridge and Billing who performed so well against Burnley. Bad management, bad performance. Demin & Co need to pull their fingers out and decide who they want to grab the reins and sort this squad out.
I think you are spot on, why would you change a winning side. I feel Surridge always looses out , for me he is our best forward no fear. He is confident on the ball, he is good at holding it as well allowing the others top catch up. He is a little terrier, I think he should be given a run in the team.

I think you are spot on, why would you change a winning side. I feel Surridge always looses out , for me he is our best forward no fear. He is confident on the ball, he is good at holding it as well allowing the others top catch up. He is a little terrier, I think he should be given a run in the team.

Surridge does lose out and make way time and again after a good performance.

I reckon there's a feeling within the club that they have to give Solanke every possible chance, because of his transfer fee that needs justifying. And more recently with Long on >60k a week at Saints which we're presumably paying a good chunk of, to justify that outlay also.

Surridge is a youth lad who cost very little, he's almost not as fashionable.

Could be wrong, just a guess at part of why we see so little of Sam. He must be frustrated though.

;