Match report v Huddersfield

"Born in Bermuda, Burchall has come through the younger age groups with the AFC Bournemouth Academy.

He began to play for the under-18s at the start of the 2020/21 season and has played in the majority of matches for the youth team this campaign.

Burchall predominantly plays wide and is an exciting forward player who likes to take opponents on and has an eye for goal, while also being a hard-working, tough-tackling winger."

Date of birth: 5th November 2004

Wow - they must really think that he is something special. Looking forward to plenty of fireworks from him:)

Is Jimmy White our youngest ever first team player? Age 15 yrs 321 days in1958.

I, for one, would like to take this opportunity to thank the real hero of this feel good story: Josh King.

The reality is if we weren't 5-0 up Burchall probably wouldn't have come on. However, if Mr Twinge hadn't felt another injury ruling him out of yet another game then there probably wouldn't have been a space on the bench for the youngster.

It's a story that makes us all feel good so well done Josh.

"Born in Bermuda, Burchall has come through the younger age groups with the AFC Bournemouth Academy.

He began to play for the under-18s at the start of the 2020/21 season and has played in the majority of matches for the youth team this campaign.

Burchall predominantly plays wide and is an exciting forward player who likes to take opponents on and has an eye for goal, while also being a hard-working, tough-tackling winger."

Date of birth: 5th November 2004

Wow - they must really think that he is something special. Looking forward to plenty of fireworks from him:)

Is Jimmy White our youngest ever first team player? Age 15 yrs 321 days in1958.

Kris Temple over the commentary was of the opinion that quite a few big clubs were already keeping a close eye on him.

I, for one, would like to take this opportunity to thank the real hero of this feel good story: Josh King.

The reality is if we weren't 5-0 up Burchall probably wouldn't have come on. However, if Mr Twinge hadn't felt another injury ruling him out of yet another game then there probably wouldn't have been a space on the bench for the youngster.

It's a story that makes us all feel good so well done Josh.
Minutes like these for our young players could pay huge dividends in the future and it was heartwarming to see the young lad come on and get the feel of first team action even if only for a few minutes

Great report. The one part I’d strongly disagree with is that a rating of 6 is very unfair on Simpson. His passing early on was dodgy for sure but rustiness is to be expected, when’s the last time he played a full game? Defensively I thought he didn’t put a foot wrong. Guy needs and deserves a bit of support.
Thought Simpson was excellent in the second half.

;