Sam Surridge

- I worry for Surridge. We know he’s an enthusiastic big lad but that doesn’t mean when he’s playing we need to treat him like Supa or play like we’re in L2. He’s not and we’re not. It’s an insult to his skills, and the skills of the rest of the team, that we so often hoofed it forward, presumably because he was on the pitch.

Surridge (off on 71) – 5
I feel this is harsh on him as it was often what was happening further back in the pitch that meant he couldn’t influence play. However, where Dom fashioned his own luck Sam drifted into obscurity.

I really want to like Surridge, he's one of our own, he's young. He attacks the near post etc.

But at the moment, he just doesn't show enough to be a regular starter. It was the same during his loan spells as well. It was pretty evident from the first-half display that he needed to come off for an extra man in the middle.

He was also very poor with the ball last night, doing his best David Brooks impression from last week.

And then there was one.
Senior striker that is.
yes that’s right, we are actually going to go into the new season with only one senior striker. And only one barely senior keeper. Jesus.

;