Meanwhile....

Waz afcb

Fans' Favourite
Sheffield United- appoint Jovanovic promptly after the conclusion of the season, a proven track record at Championship level. Decisive.
West Brom- appoint Wilder, proven track record at Championship level.
Bournemouth- having a meeting at the end of the week to discuss how many years we should put on Woodgate’s contract. Our board really do deserve everything they get.

Sheffield United- appoint Jovanovic promptly after the conclusion of the season, a proven track record at Championship level. Decisive.
Bournemouth- having a meeting at the end of the week to discuss how many years we should put on Woodgate’s contract. Our board really do deserve everything they get.

Meanwhile the other 2/3 threads weren’t good enough for you.....

Do they? Really? Like a c£1.5m salary you mean? :shake:

2 clubs that knew their fate weeks ago vs afcb that knew our fate 5 days. A bit of perspective really helps in these times - nonsense post

PS wouldn’t want either of those as manager in any case.
You wouldn’t want Wilder or Jovanovic. And I am the one writing nonsense? Hahahahaha

Sheffield United have known they need a new manager and what division they will be in next season for two months and you're singing their praises?

2 clubs that knew their fate weeks ago vs afcb that knew our fate 5 days. A bit of perspective really helps in these times - nonsense post

Whilst I understand your perspective sentiment, it’s not actually nonsense… The board could have met in the lead up to Saturday’s match to plan the sliding doors moment… We go through to the final… the sliding doors moment gets pushed back and the plan is kept fluid.

The very moment our fate is known, the plan is put into action… We could have set whatever wheels were needed to have been put in motion Monday morning and by now we could be either planning ahead with Woodgate clearing out the unwanted players and the board talking to players that had been earmarked in the ‘not promoted’ plan… Or, we could be very close to seeing a new man in, having had a couple of interviews this week… Either way we’d be seeing some progress…

Seeing clubs like Sheffield Utd and WBA signing top managers makes you realise just how we need to get moving with making the big decisions… and moving things along…

Whilst I understand your perspective sentiment, it’s not actually nonsense… The board could have met in the lead up to Saturday’s match to plan the sliding doors moment… We go through to the final… the sliding doors moment gets pushed back and the plan is kept fluid.

The very moment our fate is known, the plan is put into action… We could have set whatever wheels were needed to have been put in motion Monday morning and by now we could be either planning ahead with Woodgate clearing out the unwanted players and the board talking to players that had been earmarked in the ‘not promoted’ plan… Or, we could be very close to seeing a new man in, having had a couple of interviews this week… Either way we’d be seeing some progress…

Seeing clubs like Sheffield Utd and WBA signing top managers makes you realise just how we need to get moving with making the big decisions… and moving things along…
Exactly. A well run business would have had a plan A and a plan B in place, as soon as we had made the playoffs. There were only two eventualities to plan for, promotion or playoff failure. Add to that the fact that in the past season we have already conducted two manager searches, so already would have had a very clear idea of who was available/interested, so a lot of the legwork had already been done.
It doesn’t seem like a particularly difficult task to me. It’s the sort of thing other clubs can sort out whilst barely breaking into a sweat.

It already seems as though, quelle surprise, AFCB is not a well run business.
:slap:

Yeah but....don't you think that either in the prem or in the championship these two managers would do a job?

Yeah but....don't you think that either in the prem or in the championship these two managers would do a job?

Well the last season each was in the prem they were sacked for abject seasons. Both were bottom after appalling sequences of results.

So no, I wouldn’t want them.

Wilder just had a long run at Sheffield Utd so maybe like Eddie needs a breather. I didn’t find Sheffield united’s style of play attractive. Effective but ugly. Thankfully for Eddie, makes the signing of Solanke look like a bargain vs Brewster!

Think jokanovic creates exciting teams and deservedly got plaudits. Fulham in prem under him were awful. Watford happy not to have him in prem! Went to Qatar rather than looking for a top league?

Last edited:
The thing we have to consider is what's going to attract a good manager here? We don't have the stadium or training complex, we lost a decent amount of the squad last season and will probably lose more this. So the main thing I see as a draw is money. With parachute payments dropping off we can't offer what Sheff It's and West Brom can unless Max dips his hand in his pockets again, risky move for us long term I think. I'd love to see us go up again, but don't want to risk the club on the off chance we do.

Exactly. A well run business would have had a plan A and a plan B in place, as soon as we had made the playoffs. There were only two eventualities to plan for, promotion or playoff failure. Add to that the fact that in the past season we have already conducted two manager searches, so already would have had a very clear idea of who was available/interested, so a lot of the legwork had already been done.
It doesn’t seem like a particularly difficult task to me. It’s the sort of thing other clubs can sort out whilst barely breaking into a sweat.

It already seems as though, quelle surprise, AFCB is not a well run business.
:slap:
And you know for sure nothing has happened at all?

And you know for sure nothing has happened at all?
I’m sure stuff has already happened Rob, my guess is though that it will have been pretty half-arsed so far. That’s based purely on recent past experience. :p

You are right though, this is the board’s chance to shine, their chance to show that they are fit to protect Max’s investment and fit to give the football club the best opportunity to return to the top of the footballing pyramid.

I’m really looking forward to seeing what they can come up with.
:eek:

Despite not wanting Woodgate going forward (nothing against the bloke mind), I’m almost at the point where I’ll be pleased if they just go with him. It will get us moving and save possibly another week to ten days of messing about…

...we post on here with absolutely no knowledge what so ever about what is going on behind the scenes at the club!

We don't know any of the financial implications of how we find a manager or what Woodgate would want to stay on?

There is no magic bullet for our situation and I can't see past many challenges off the field being a big issue etc.

Players agents will be working overtime to trawl their players around for better deals or moves, irrespective of who is in charge...

Fair to criticise and speculate, but it is like palying poker with a blind hand!

Wilder track record is 1 promotion from the championship and relegation from pl.
He spent big money on bewster and mcburnie

;