Chris Mepham

He was excellent today but I wouldn't get too carried away with it in the same way I didn't get too carried away by the performance in the Arsenal match. Huddersfield were utterly terrible. Really, really bad. We did the job and he ably contributed to that but today isn't anywhere near the benchmark at which we can tell too much about him at PL level.

However, I am starting to get a good feeling about him. He's going to make mistakes and be exposed at times by the top teams but I loved the way he dribbled the ball out of defence and galloped up the field with it at one point today.

Looks an astute buy at the moment. Even if it doesn't work out I think we can all at least see why the recruitment team chased him for so long. Fingers crossed he keeps on showing quality over the next few weeks. It would be a luxury to have genuine quality in depth at CB.

Last edited:
That tackle he made with about 10 minutes to go saved a certain goal. Fantastic distribution as well.

It was offside wasn't it, still he wasn't to know that and it was a great reaction tackle. Kirsikka is right in that we shouldn't get too carried away but I do think he looks a really good prospect. He's definitely going to balls things up from time to time as he learns but that's only natural for youngsters, including Ake when he first got in the side.

Cook's injury is obviously bad news but it could turn out well if it gives Mepham time to learn his trade in the Prem without major relegation worries.

But for Jeff Lerma's heroics, Mepham would have been MOTM today. Not the greatest test, but he made it all look easy. Even out-did Ake.

Yes we are all gutted right now but let's be positive, what a performance from this man today. Did not give one of the league's in form strikers in Rondon a sniff, how great is it to have a centre back who is colossal in the air! Really think we have some player on our hands here.

Yes we are all gutted right now but let's be positive, what a performance from this man today. Did not give one of the league's in form strikers in Rondon a sniff, how great is it to have a centre back who is colossal in the air! Really think we have some player on our hands here.
Agree totally.....Mepham didnt ask to be a 'costly championship player' as other may have suggested...for me immense today and I believe a future captain...think Steve Cook may struggle to get back in when fit

Now seeing what Eddie saw in him and pursued him for so long. Pity we couldn't have got him earlier, what would we have now?

;