Michail Antonio In Sam Allardyce England Squad

billythekid

UTC Legend
What do you think of Allardyce choice of players?

Goalkeepers: Fraser Forster (Southampton), Joe Hart (Manchester City), Tom Heaton (Burnley).

Defenders: Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Nathaniel Clyne (Liverpool), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Danny Rose (Tottenham Hotspur), Luke Shaw (Manchester United), Chris Smalling (Manchester United), John Stones (Manchester City), Kyle Walker (Tottenham Hotspur).

Midfielders: Dele Alli (Tottenham Hotspur), Michail Antonio (West Ham United), Eric Dier (Tottenham Hotspur), Danny Drinkwater (Leicester City), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Adam Lallana (Liverpool), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Raheem Sterling (Manchester City), Theo Walcott (Arsenal).

Strikers: Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur), Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool), Jamie Vardy (Leicester City).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37209642

Antonio is a joke if based on Sunday's form, the number of times he kicked the ball out on his own! I know he wcored but he was utter dogsheet otherwise.

Rest of the squad is as expected. More interested to see who he actually plays out of that squad.

The last 2 goals Antonio scored were very similar, who in the England squad could provide the crosses he needs?

I thought Mark Noble may have got a call up,being as Sam would have known him from his West Ham days,I think he is exactly the midfielder England needs,plays with a lot of passion....

I see Sam Allardyce is going to keep Marcus Rashford for the under 21's.

Whenever I have seen him on TV he always looks menacing and certainly knows where the goal is.

He is only 18, but hope we see him sooner rather than later in an England shirt, he is the sort of player IMO this team needs.

inncll - 29/8/2016 13:40

The last 2 goals Antonio scored were very similar, who in the England squad could provide the crosses he needs?

Shaw/Rose, Walker/Clyne, Henderson (assuming he doesn't kick it like against Iceland), Lallana, Rooney, just about every player on the pitch.

He's not a bad player to throw on if we're towards the end of the game lumping balls in the box.

Antonio is more than just someone to lump balls into the box! I see him as one of our better right wingers, who would have been a great option in France, when we had nobody wide that was in form.

I think this is a safe squad. The challenge for allardyce is how he plays them. If he puts round pegs in round holes that's a start.

zigger zaggar - 29/8/2016 15:36

Jeez, still persisting with Sterling!!!!!

I would have agreed with you directly following the Euro's but have you not spotted his form since the season started?

bigfatolly - 29/8/2016 11:23

I thought Mark Noble may have got a call up,being as Sam would have known him from his West Ham days,I think he is exactly the midfielder England needs,plays with a lot of passion....

Agreed Olly. I was impressed with noble when watching him the other Sunday and he had a good season last year.

Antonio's reaction to getting called up says everything you need to know about why you'd want him around the team imo.

https://www.facebook.com/EnglandTeam/videos/10153663671147447/

davygravy - 29/8/2016 15:51

zigger zaggar - 29/8/2016 15:36

Jeez, still persisting with Sterling!!!!!

I would have agreed with you directly following the Euro's but have you not spotted his form since the season started?

He's flying. Who'd have thought that supporters getting behind him would improve his game?

If you judged Antonio on his performances against us over the years he would make a world eleven never mind and England one.

He tore full backs a new one while playing for Wednesday and Forest against us in championship...I always hoped we would sign him if we went up but West Ham pipped us too it. Always kept an eye on him and he has gone from strength to strength. Another great non-league story as well, which is great for the game.

I have to admit that, no I haven't spotted his form since the season started. It may well be the case that he is now playing brilliantly for his club and paymaster but having seen him many times playing for England it is apparent to me that he really couldn't give a stuff about playing for his country. I would wager a lot that if he does play for England again he will prove to be less than useless, yet again.
Maybe he only cares about playing for his namesake?
:hihi:

zigger zaggar - 30/8/2016 11:22

I have to admit that, no I haven't spotted his form since the season started. It may well be the case that he is now playing brilliantly for his club and paymaster but having seen him many times playing for England it is apparent to me that he really couldn't give a stuff about playing for his country. I would wager a lot that if he does play for England again he will prove to be less than useless, yet again.
Maybe he only cares about playing for his namesake?
:hihi:

I wouldn't give a stuff about England if I were him either. England fans have booed him since his move from Liverpool so f*ck em. England don't deserve his best efforts if you ask me.

;