Middlesbrough v AFC Bournemouth

Wouldn't it make more sense to have numbers as a % of capacity. 1000 in Dean Court is very different to 1000 in Hillsborough
In a way yes, but they may be concerned about 'choke points' like entrances, ticket turnstiles, bathrooms, etc. In which case if you end up with a "super-spreader" event, you want a hard cap on the maximum number of people there to minimize potential consequences.

Great. Instant advantage to them on weekend then. Understand these test events need to happen but it's yet another unleveling (not sure that's a word) of the playing field.

Great. Instant advantage to them on weekend then. Understand these test events need to happen but it's yet another unleveling (not sure that's a word) of the playing field.

I'm not convinced having a thousand grumpy teessiders spread around that big ground is much of an advantage really is it? Will just be a really odd atmosphere, as it is already.

I'm not convinced having a thousand grumpy teessiders spread around that big ground is much of an advantage really is it? Will just be a really odd atmosphere, as it is already.

Particularly as they're not allowed to sing or chant ( I presume).

1000 home fans. 250 in each stand. Is it really that difficult to think about segregating such a small number at Dean Court?
Surely they have thought about this over the last couple of months?

The design of DC, particularly the NS isn’t conducive for a trial like this. I guess with a bit of creative thinking we could sort something out but 500 fans is probably more realistic

1,000 ticket for Middlesbrough's game against Bournemouth will be available from 8pm on Wednesday.

Tickets will be available on a first come first served basis and can only be claimed online.

Boro have had to move swiftly today to get a plan in place for Saturday's game, only learning on Wednesday morning that they'd been selected by the EFL as one of the pilot matches for the return of fans.

Boro must issue paper tickets by post, in line with regulations, and they need to be sent out on Thursday so the club had to act quickly.

Given the extreme short notice, and after speaking with representatives of fans groups, Boro believe first come first served is the fairest way to allocate tickets.

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport...-announce-ticket-details-bournemouth-18946490

Very short notice Boro had and no ballot for ST holders.

Wonder how it would have gone down with our ST holders if our club had to do the same?

This forum would have ‘exploded’. ;)

From Boro website

Tickets for the game will be available strictly online only for Season Card Holders to claim from 8pm on Wednesday September 16. These will be available on a first-come first-served basis. One ticket per Season Card.

1,000 ticket for Middlesbrough's game against Bournemouth will be available from 8pm on Wednesday.

Tickets will be available on a first come first served basis and can only be claimed online.

Boro have had to move swiftly today to get a plan in place for Saturday's game, only learning on Wednesday morning that they'd been selected by the EFL as one of the pilot matches for the return of fans.

Boro must issue paper tickets by post, in line with regulations, and they need to be sent out on Thursday so the club had to act quickly.

Given the extreme short notice, and after speaking with representatives of fans groups, Boro believe first come first served is the fairest way to allocate tickets.

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport...-announce-ticket-details-bournemouth-18946490

Notice they have changed the second para now and added season card holders.

I take it Middlesbrough is Just out of this area.

Large parts of the North East are set to be subjected to tighter lockdown restrictions that will be announced tomorrow, Sky News understands.

The fresh coronavirus restrictions are expected to come into force on Friday.

An MP present at the meeting told Sky News that the areas affected are likely to be Newcastle, Northumberland, North Tyneside, South Tyneside, Gateshead, County Durham and Sunderland.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavi...er-lockdown-restrictions-from-friday-12073640

I obviously don’t know how complicated it is to put things in place but this seems really poor. Fans have gone more than 6 months without a game and this was a chance to get 1/7 season ticket holders back in. I sometimes get the feeling that fans are a bit of an inconvenience to the club.
Not when it comes to taking money off us were not club has turned its back on the true AFCB fans

I'm trying to imagine what Dean Court would look like with 1000 fans in it. The picture in my head is from a dystopian future five years hence from an alternate past where Jimmy Quinn was brought back in to replace Howe instead of Tindall getting it and given a bullet proof 10 year contract.

Reckon I'm going to have some awful nightmares tonight now I have that in my head.

;