Middlesbrough v AFC Bournemouth

boro were better on the ball then us by far and they controlled the tempo of the game well with the free kicks they had whenever they wanted one, but they only had 1 stand out player which was the keeper, we got to remember that most of the teams we play especially in first few months will probably preform better then us as they will have a team that have played together for a season or 2 or more, we seem to forget when discussing the games we have lost 4 starters and 3 squad players and a manager that is big voids to fill (if we do) the important thing is to keep getting points on the board while the team and JT works out our tactics/formation, the thing i have noticed though JT isnt afraid to try a long ball or switch things around which is what edie couldnt bring himself to do

I can understand the criticism of Begovic as he's an experienced keeper who is not performing well, but why are we writing off Travers after only a handful of games? The lad deserves a chance to become consistent otherwise we might as well sell both of them and grab a keeper or two from somewhere!

Building confidence within the team is everything. They must stand or fall together. JT must foster that spirit. Playing that badly and getting a point is good.

We had 2 good minutes of play and scored. The move that led to the corner, and then tbe corner we scored from, was really good.

We didn't lose. We hung on.

That's 4 points. How many to stay up?

Huge critic of Bego, but can’t believe people blaming him for their goal, Billing unable to move beyond a stroll to shut down a short throw in having come on as sub, 3 centrebacks but nobody able to get to that cross first - must be the keepers fault

I thought he had a decent first half and I wouldn't blame him for the goal but - it was his failure to hold onto the ball that led to the throw in, which led to the goal. And I thought generally he had a poor 2nd half.

Billing reminds me of an Easter Island statue. Never seems to move much,
incapable of jumping to use his great height and devoid of ideas when he has the ball. Why did we sign him?
:hmmm:

;