Middlesbrough v AFC Bournemouth

Really? I think Blackburn are a much better side and will be challenging for the playoffs. I can’t see Boro doing the same even with Warnock personally
I watched most of their game with Watford and apart from that Asombawonga or whatever he's called they looked pretty poor to be honest. I think they and Watford had one clear chance each and Watford managed to score theirs.
If we turn up with the right attitude and play with freedom I think we should beat them. Oh and our goalie needs to avoid having a mare, just in case they get a shot on target !

KING TO STAY AT BOURNEMOUTH?

Sky Sports

Mark McAdam has just finished attending Jason Tindall's press conference at Bournemouth, where he provides this transfer update...

Joshua King is back in training this week and there are no offers on the table as things stand.

If there are no offers for King, Tindall has confirmed he’ll be focused on playing for Bournemouth and could be in contention to play next week.

King has one year left on his current contract and the club would be open to selling for the right price.

There is no further news on incomings despite bids rejected by Preston for Ben Davies and Ipswich for Kayden Jackson.

KING TO STAY AT BOURNEMOUTH?

Sky Sports

Mark McAdam has just finished attending Jason Tindall's press conference at Bournemouth, where he provides this transfer update...

Joshua King is back in training this week and there are no offers on the table as things stand.

If there are no offers for King, Tindall has confirmed he’ll be focused on playing for Bournemouth and could be in contention to play next week.

King has one year left on his current contract and the club would be open to selling for the right price.

There is no further news on incomings despite bids rejected by Preston for Ben Davies and Ipswich for Kayden Jackson.

Still a long way to go in the window. It's barely at the warming up stage. That said, if he should still be here when it shuts then lets hope he gets his head down and earns a move in January. Good for us both.

Really? I think Blackburn are a much better side and will be challenging for the playoffs. I can’t see Boro doing the same even with Warnock personally

that was my point, really. We beat Blackburn who are better than boro for sure but, often when we get winnable away games, our players have stopped doing the hard work as complacency sets in. We have put in some really poor away games in recent seasons. Thus, I want JT to get them working hard in this game to show we can get successive league wins as often we have failed to get back to back wins.

I know that it looks like JT favours 3 at the back, but with the players we've got available right now up too, I'd love to see an attacking 4231 formation. 2 holding defenders, push the full backs on then give the attacking quartet the chance to wreak havoc.

Begovic (still think we need a new keeper, but would have him ahead of Travers right now)

Rico
Kelly
Cook/Meps
Smith/Stacey

Lerma
Cook

Danjuma
Brooks
Stan

Dom

That side is more than good enough for this level.

that was my point, really. We beat Blackburn who are better than boro for sure but, often when we get winnable away games, our players have stopped doing the hard work as complacency sets in. We have put in some really poor away games in recent seasons. Thus, I want JT to get them working hard in this game to show we can get successive league wins as often we have failed to get back to back wins.

Oh yeah I get you, I’m hoping the good feeling around the squad atm, and the fact that it’s the beginning of the season, might mean we avoid one of those non-performances.

Will definitely be interesting to see how JT copes when we’re on a bad run.

We struggled for possession against Blackburn but that shouldn‘t be the case at Boro as I’d imagine they will look to sit back. We’ve often had problems with those sort of sides but TBH, last season we struggled with all types of opposition.

So far Tindallball seems a little more positive than under Eddie. In these type of games, we’d suffer from a lack of imagination. This will be a good test to see if the shackles are lifted and we can open up teams rather than playing in straight lines in front of the opposition.

If we come away with a win, Jason will be the first Cherries manager to achieve it on their patch.

So if we pick up a point that will be a good result with our record up there.

I think some overrate Kelly. He played some awful passes v Blackburn and other than the block was I thought the weakest in defence. I know Simpson has given away 3 goals but that was after being chucked in the deep end against somewhat classier opposition than Blackburn. Sounded like he had a good game against Palace too according to KT and Willo.

Blackburn are 8/1 to be relegated, Boro are 12/1.

I can't believe this fixture has not been cancelled with Warnock and a player having been tested Covid Pos.
Or that Bournemouth have not challenged the situation and are travelling up there.

Our usual away fans cannot attend...so bear that in mind before anyone gives me sh*t..

The home game was epic. In my time here I've never seen DC so packed. I think the official attendance was 13,000 but people reckon 15/16 k were in there. There fans were put in the main stand so we had the Brighton Beach end as well. I'm sure the turnstile operators were simply told to let everyone in.

That was a magical night under the lights but if my memory is correct didn't their fans break thro the hoardings in the Brighton Beach End when they scored?

Well ..we are playing the fixture..so time to get positive..
I can't do anything about it so hoping we can get our first ever win up there.
Im assuming Warnock will not suddenly come out of 'isolation'...(he's a nasty but effective man in the dressing room)....so we should have that advantage. :hmmm:

It another 3-2 win i reckon ! :utc:

;