Middlesbrough v AFC Bournemouth

After a very promising start to JT’s managerial stint, I think this game will be a truer test of how we are going to be under JT.

This is a tough game but winnable IF we do the grunt work to put bodies on the line and set up to avoid us being overrun in midfield. Last time we went there we had just beaten hull 6-1 and got an impressive 0-0 draw with spurs only to roll up at Boro and meekly go down to a disappointing 2-0 defeat. That game was a feature of many away games under Eddie that we missed a winnable away 3 points.

Hate to say it but I think Borough, despite their last loss may beat us here.

Hope to be proved wrong but I think this result will see us add some players next week, and rightfully so.

Borough 4 Bournemouth 2

Middlesborough were great and they always give a good game.

Ravanelli, Juninho.........

Never a dull game against this lot over the years.

On that basis, probably 0-0

I remember at least two 0-0s with them in recent years including a terrible game in our first Championship season. The 0-0 the next season was a good match though.

The game in the Prem where they beat us was incredibly frustrating, I always felt that was the perfect example of us being too much of a soft touch away from home.

1986/87 I think was a cracking season.....lost 4-0 their place then won 3-1 at home.

Both good teams at the time.

The home game was epic. In my time here I've never seen DC so packed. I think the official attendance was 13,000 but people reckon 15/16 k were in there. There fans were put in the main stand so we had the Brighton Beach end as well. I'm sure the turnstile operators were simply told to let everyone in.

TIme is of the essence.

FOR JUST 10 POUNDS, you'll enjoy a free livestream, and our hope that you'll renew your season ticket whilst we deduct 10 pounds from it for every game you can't watch.

The home game was epic. In my time here I've never seen DC so packed. I think the official attendance was 13,000 but people reckon 15/16 k were in there. There fans were put in the main stand so we had the Brighton Beach end as well. I'm sure the turnstile operators were simply told to let everyone in.
Great memories of that game ....running home from school ....meeting up with my mates and the trek though Queens park Golf course....{looking back we just seemed to walk everywhere].....paid my 1.50 lol......what an atmosphere!......did Gary Pallister break his leg in that game?

Indeed. We were in the Brighton Beach end and we didn’t pay. They just opened the gates and we walked right in.

I obviously don’t know how complicated it is to put things in place but this seems really poor. Fans have gone more than 6 months without a game and this was a chance to get 1/7 season ticket holders back in. I sometimes get the feeling that fans are a bit of an inconvenience to the club.

It is surely easier to locate 1,000 fans in a 34,000 capacity stadium (Riverside) than it is in a 11,000 capacity stadium (Dean Court) when social distancing has to be obeyed. Covid 19 is alive and very much kicking still.

It is surely easier to locate 1,000 fans in a 34,000 capacity stadium (Riverside) than it is in a 11,000 capacity stadium (Dean Court) when social distancing has to be obeyed. Covid 19 is alive and very much kicking still.

Yes Forest Green Rovers seem to be managing it with a stadium capacity of just over 5k.

Yes Forest Green Rovers seem to be managing it with a stadium capacity of just over 5k.
Not sure about FGR’s stadium but DC seems particularly badly designed for social distancing. Especially the North Stand but there’s also quite a few pinch points around the stadium too.

I would have thought the bigger issue is getting people in and out safely rather than positioning them inside the stadium. It seems pretty easy to ensure social distancing using less than 1 in 10 seats.

Hate to say it but I think Borough, despite their last loss may beat us here.

Hope to be proved wrong but I think this result will see us add some players next week, and rightfully so.

Borough 4 Bournemouth 2
I think you may well be right but shipping four to last year’s lowest scorers (admittedly under Woodgate) would hurt a lot more than a resilient 1-0 defeat. Unfortunately evidence is a little more on your side!

After a very promising start to JT’s managerial stint, I think this game will be a truer test of how we are going to be under JT.

This is a tough game but winnable IF we do the grunt work to put bodies on the line and set up to avoid us being overrun in midfield. Last time we went there we had just beaten hull 6-1 and got an impressive 0-0 draw with spurs only to roll up at Boro and meekly go down to a disappointing 2-0 defeat. That game was a feature of many away games under Eddie that we missed a winnable away 3 points.

Really? I think Blackburn are a much better side and will be challenging for the playoffs. I can’t see Boro doing the same even with Warnock personally

Not sure about FGR’s stadium but DC seems particularly badly designed for social distancing. Especially the North Stand but there’s also quite a few pinch points around the stadium too.

if we did get a crowd into DC they might actually have to open the big gates either side of the north stand

fancy that....:rolleyes:

;