Mikael Ndjoli

The Alchemist

UTC Legend
Millwall young striker we are close to agreeing terms with.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/14516416.AFC_Bournemouth__Ndjoli_believed_to_be_on_club_s_radar/

Looks like one for the development squad - a winger turned into striker. Arsenal and Palace were also after him.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3519090/Arsenal-Crystal-Palace-tracking-Millwall-youth-team-striker-Mikael-Ndjoli.html

Seems very odd why Millwall released him - unlessh e made it clear he wouldn't accept anything ?

Now that is an exclusive Perrett - you're learning lol.

Where was Billy when this story broke? :grin:

More than likely one for the future, but I’d like to see us give a younger player like this a chance at first team level perhaps one day ………….. ability permitting.

As he played 24 times for Millwall this season I would think he will be first team squad - but of course will be extra to the 25 man squad because of his age

TrueCherry - 26/5/2016 08:25

As he played 24 times for Millwall this season I would think he will be first team squad - but of course will be extra to the 25 man squad because of his age

That was in their development and youth teams not their first team.

Very weird to rave so highly of I'm, then not offer him terms...?

With ref to the Under 21s/Dev squad, I thought that was being revamped to see the re-emergance of the reserves league for PL clubs...??? Or did I imagine that?

I'd imagine he was being tracked by Arsenal and Palace in the same way that Curtis 'new George Best' Allen was being tracked by Real Madrid, Barcelona and the Harlem Globetrotters. There was a scout at a game and the agent/press used that to make up a story without even knowing who they were watching.

At the same time, he may have something but Millwall are probably limited in the number of pro contracts they can offer and so decided for whatever reason he wasn't worth the risk. In our current situation we can take a punt like that for what is, at this moment, an almost negligible cost. Time will tell but sounds like a hopeful punt. Good luck to him and I hope he turns out to be an awesome signing.

billythekid - 26/5/2016 09:23

4FCB - 26/5/2016 08:19

Where was Billy when this story broke? :grin:

Still recovering from an 11 hour train journey. :grin:

That journey between Basingstoke and Bournemouth can be tedious

:grin:

Signed a 1 year deal along with Mark Travers, a 17 year old goalkeeper from Ireland. Both to play for the under 21s

http://www.afcb.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/afc-bournemouth-mark-travers-mikael-ndjoli-transfer-3172011.aspx

The Alchemist - 6/7/2016 18:33

Signed a 1 year deal along with Mark Travers, a 17 year old goalkeeper from Ireland. Both to play for the under 21s

http://www.afcb.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/afc-bournemouth-mark-travers-mikael-ndjoli-transfer-3172011.aspx

How many goalkeepers do we have now?

We had that Lithuanian (?) keeper on loan last season to take a look at him in the U21s and he went back so I guess this is just filling that hole.

The U21s also have Jordan Holmes who is still, I think, only 19. Then the three first team keepers.

kirsikka - 6/7/2016 18:49

We had that Lithuanian (?) keeper on loan last season to take a look at him in the U21s and he went back so I guess this is just filling that hole.

The U21s also have Jordan Holmes who is still, I think, only 19. Then the three first team keepers.

Thanks, I wasn't sure who was still here and who had departed.

thefiendofkingspark - 6/7/2016 18:57

kirsikka - 6/7/2016 18:49

Thanks, I wasn't sure who was still here and who had departed.

There's also Pat O'Flaherty (who is at Wimborne on-loan at the start of the season) & Callum Stanton (last year's U18s keeper) in the U21s as goalkeepers... We do seem to accrue a few considering you can only play one per game!

;