Mind blown

I (perhaps naively) think King will not sulk the way Fraser has done.

This came totally out of the blue and it sounds we at least tried to find a solution. Tell him to work hard until the end of the season and we’ll let him go for £25m in the summer.

Delighted to keep Nathan and Josh (and Callum and Ryan as well for all that).

But it's kind of weird to me that we are defining transfer window success as "we're not worse than we were a month ago". Of our closest rivals, Villa has done the most lifting, making tomorrow's match even more important (it was anyway).

As noted earlier, I will believe the return of Brooks et al when I see it, and hope it will be with plenty of time to rescue things.

Keeping Josh and Ake is meaningful only if we get on a run. Must start tomorrow.

That may be a "half-empty" perspective, but I will cap it by making AFCB my pick in the LMS.

Keeping the squad together was huge, with players like. Brooks, Kelly to come back which haven't even kicked a ball this Premier season they will be like new signings. Keeping Ake was HUGE. I think we have enough to stay up!! No. Need to panic buy /loan like Utd!!

In eddie we trust.

I’m expecting to get seriously flamed for this but isn’t it a bit churlish of us to prevent this young man bettering his career. However strong a character he is it will always be in the back of his mind ‘what if’
Whether it affects his game will remain to be seen.

I’d say a good transfer window all in all. I feared for who we might lose.

Not losing anyone offsets the disappointment of not bringing anyone in.

With a fully fit squad (Daniels excluded and a little long in the tooth) we can do this and hopefully more and more key players will be ready for selection soon.

Delighted to keep Nathan and Josh (and Callum and Ryan as well for all that).

But it's kind of weird to me that we are defining transfer window success as "we're not worse than we were a month ago". Of our closest rivals, Villa has done the most lifting, making tomorrow's match even more important (it was anyway).

As noted earlier, I will believe the return of Brooks et al when I see it, and hope it will be with plenty of time to rescue things.

Keeping Josh and Ake is meaningful only if we get on a run. Must start tomorrow.

That may be a "half-empty" perspective, but I will cap it by making AFCB my pick in the LMS.

I get where you're coming from, but I don't think it's as easy as making direct comparisons between clubs. Relatively I think we had more to lose than Villa and our problems are different and can't be fixed by a few new signings. Villa, in contrast, had no fit strikers and were onto their third choice keeper. For us, it's a set-up/identity issue (which comes after X number of years in the PL), confidence, and injuries (IMO). As you say, the return of Brooks et al will hopefully feel like new signings anyway, but ones who are already integrated into the squad.

Last edited:
The too good to go down ability of the squad hasnt been matched by the attitude of the players and too many bad days at the office by the management.
Players coming back from injury probably need a few games to get back to their best, afcb need to be winning more than they lose for the rest of the season.

We’d brought so many players in from promotion onwards. All talented. Squad identity can be upset by too many new signings in my opinion so I’m pleased there was no real net loss of players, and no input too. If the squad resolve to stay up they will without any new faces.

Where do we stand regarding getting in loan players.

I should know this as its been mentioed.

I'm sure I was listenin' but I started driftin'........................................

I really hope Josh reads and heeds this:

"On the links to King, Jenas added: "My hope is that King goes out there, scores goals and performs to a point that Manchester United cannot ignore him and he can get that dream move back because he is a serious talent. Hopefully that is where his head will be at."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51334744

I’m hoping that as we appeared to at least try to make it happen for Josh he won’t lose his head or could even use it as a positive motivator.

I think that’s why Howe didn’t rule a move out in public etc.

Enters the final year of his contract in the summer so this is the time to have the form of his life and either earn his move then or get a great deal here.

I do think however this was a six month window for him to get his chance at Manchester United. In the summer they’ll have Rashford back and could spend big for a world class striker.

He does tick a lot of boxes for them though so maybe he will think he still has that chance.

He will be gutted. Loves Manchester and has a lot of mates there. Solskjaer his hero as a kid. Ferguson signed him. Massive club. Double wages.

Its their fault for turning to him so late... but.... let’s be honest you’d be gutted wouldn’t you?

;