Tyrone Mings

Seems to be pretty close to MoM every game. Just a few quotes from Villa messageboard about yesterday's defeat to the Baggies:

'Mings: 8 Bournemouth must be blessed with CB's if this lad can't get a game there. Just what we need as a captain? '

'Mings has really impressed me, comfortable on the ball, reads the game well and has leadership qualities so sadly lacking this season. '

'Mings is getting better each game as he sees someone has to take some responsibility which is largely non-existent elsewhere. '

They are absolutely raving about him on their forum, all wanting to sign him, some saying build a new team around him, some saying give him the captains armband.

I have thought since he came to Cherries that he would become a first rate Premier League player. Hasn’t been able to stay injury free. I don’t think Eddie has rejected him at all - but has sent him to somewhere he can get a proper run of games in a little less pressured environment than the Premier League. I’m sure Eddies hopes are that Mings will return from a successful spell, fit and ready to contribute next season.

Seems to be pretty close to MoM every game. Just a few quotes from Villa messageboard about yesterday's defeat to the Baggies:

'Mings: 8 Bournemouth must be blessed with CB's if this lad can't get a game there. Just what we need as a captain? '

'Mings has really impressed me, comfortable on the ball, reads the game well and has leadership qualities so sadly lacking this season. '

'Mings is getting better each game as he sees someone has to take some responsibility which is largely non-existent elsewhere. '

Be careful, the first game or two they were similarly bigging up Elphick.

Probably best to wait and see if they're just as keen come June.

For one reason or another Mingsy has not become a regular in our team...after 3 years...he seemed good enough to me in several of his limited appearances, albeit on a screen .....so surely there must be a serious flaw that Eddie knows of, about either his suitability to the PL or something deep and mental!

For one reason or another Mingsy has not become a regular in our team...after 3 years...he seemed good enough to me in several of his limited appearances, albeit on a screen .....so surely there must be a serious flaw that Eddie knows of, about either his suitability to the PL or something deep and mental!
Viewing it from the outside I think there could be two issues making Eddie cautious about trusting Mings. First of all there is obviously his history of injuries and failure to survive a run of games without disappearing again for several weeks/months. I think the back four really needs to be a unit and Eddie hates having to chop and change defenders. So if anybody is going to break into that unit permanently it has to be somebody who manages to stay injury free for long periods. If Mings can play every game at Villa then I think Eddie would have a chat with him and take another serious look at bringing him back.

The other thing, nice chap though he is in private, I think Mings does have a bit of a vengeance streak in him. He doesn't like to be fouled or bullied ( which is good ) and when it happens repeatedly I THINK he is prone to lash out and do something a bit naughty. Eddie might not trust Mings to keep a cool head in a game where he is being bullied. If he has a reputation for being a hothead other teams will see him as an easy target, pick on him until he's had enough, lashes out and gets a red card. I don't have a lot of evidence to support this theory, it's just a feeling I have based on the way he has reacted to aggression against him in the past.

For me Mings has many great attributes and if he can add fitness and a cool temperament to his arsenal he could be a really really formidable defender.
I'm just very glad we decided not to sell him yet. IMO he has yet to fulfil his true potential.

:utc:

The man that is Tyrone

Villa forum comments.From dissing him to near ejaculation. Surely he has to come back when Nathan rides off into the sunset

Surely a solid chance he'll fail a medical?
Hoping we don't fudge this one through out of desperation....

seems to me Bournmouth (true he spelt it like that) are laughing all the way to the bank... again.
another of their cast off's

**** off back to Bournemouth you scum bag. That's a deliberate stamp and you've done it before. I never want to see you wearing our shirt again.

BUT THEN -

Another commanding performance by him. We can build from the back starting with Mings on a permanent basis.

If I was manager, I’d sign him permanently and give him the armband

Please Eddie don't let him go he could well be part of a great new team,

Its damn obvious Eddie wants shot of him...its been half proved already...he is... Not Here!!! .....its ironic after all that time injured...he gets loaned out during a heavy injury situation when He wasnt injured!

Its a tough one. Honestly, hes good enough for this level BUT he is too injury prone and therefore his level may be lower, in a league less demanding. I'd send him on loan for next season and see if he sinks or swims at a Championship side. I'd get Clyne back in the interim on loan

Fantastic athlete and offers a physical presence that no one else offers in the squad. Would give more leadership in away games too. However has practically missed three years of competitive football so needs this loan spell. I would have him back if ake leaves if he has a decent loan spell and proved his fitness.

Its a tough one. Honestly, hes good enough for this level BUT he is too injury prone and therefore his level may be lower, in a league less demanding. I'd send him on loan for next season and see if he sinks or swims at a Championship side. I'd get Clyne back in the interim on loan

Isn’t a 6 month loan enough to see if he will sink or swim, that’s approx 20 games in the championship? Not many players can go through a whole season uninjured

;