Tyrone Mings

to add fuel to the fire..... I saw the weeman sat on a rock looking suicidal at sandbanks last night. I thought maybe he was thinking bout mingsy. turned out his dog wouldnt drop its stick.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought that picture meant "nearly time for football, which is a sport that I love".

Am I just naive? :grinning:

No, I believe you are exactly right ! He is waiting because he loves football. Now that could be waiting for a move to go through ( most likely in the context of 'love football' ) or he's waiting to play here. But in that case he would have posted love and cherries rather than love and football. I would imagine there is a move on the cards, a move which will give him the chance to play more football, which is obviously what he wants.

Honestly, if he leaves us, I fear we may one day regret it.

To me he has all the attributes to be one of England's very best defenders. He is tall, athletic, has good feet and is very intelligent. He is also very committed and a motivator. If he hadn't had so many injuries I feel sure he would be at a top six club by now and an England international. If he goes, I hope it is on loan. I still feel we may have a gem on our hands and it would be a shame if we let him go for peanuts now.

No, I believe you are exactly right ! He is waiting because he loves football. Now that could be waiting for a move to go through ( most likely in the context of 'love football' ) or he's waiting to play here. But in that case he would have posted love and cherries rather than love and football. I would imagine there is a move on the cards, a move which will give him the chance to play more football, which is obviously what he wants.
or perhaps it's dusty bin?

Honestly, if he leaves us, I fear we may one day regret it.

To me he has all the attributes to be one of England's very best defenders. He is tall, athletic, has good feet and is very intelligent. He is also very committed and a motivator. If he hadn't had so many injuries I feel sure he would be at a top six club by now and an England international. If he goes, I hope it is on loan. I still feel we may have a gem on our hands and it would be a shame if we let him go for peanuts now.

I pretty much agree - although not sure about him being at a top-6 club. From what I've seen, there looks to be a really good player in there that just needs a run of games to flourish. Add to that, he seems like a genuinely down to earth, nice guy which, call me sentimental, is something I want from our players.

I pretty much agree - although not sure about him being at a top-6 club. From what I've seen, there looks to be a really good player in there that just needs a run of games to flourish. Add to that, he seems like a genuinely down to earth, nice guy which, call me sentimental, is something I want from our players.
That's exactly what I mean. He has the ATTRIBUTES to be a great defender but his injuries have not enabled him to play and improve to reach his full potential. I believe that if he had stayed injury free and played a full season for us, the top clubs would have seen what a player we have on our hands. Unfortunately that never happened.

I hope we don't sell him. He just needs to stay free from injury and get a run of games to show his worth. It would be nice to have him around if anything should haben to Ake as well ! I think it would be short-sighted to sell him now but would agree with a loan if he is so desperate to play and Eddie sees his current chances here as limited.

I really like Mings on a personal level too. He seems like a clever, down to earth, hard-working lad. He deserves to have the best career he can have, wherever that may be. Just hope that can still be with us.

That's exactly what I mean. He has the ATTRIBUTES to be a great defender but his injuries have not enabled him to play and improve to reach his full potential. I believe that if he had stayed injury free and played a full season for us, the top clubs would have seen what a player we have on our hands. Unfortunately that never happened.

I hope we don't sell him. He just needs to stay free from injury and get a run of games to show his worth. It would be nice to have him around if anything should haben to Ake as well ! I think it would be short-sighted to sell him now but would agree with a loan if he is so desperate to play and Eddie sees his current chances here as limited.

I really like Mings on a personal level too. He seems like a clever, down to earth, hard-working lad. He deserves to have the best career he can have, wherever that may be. Just hope that can still be with us.

Whilst all of this is true he also has looked like Bambi on ice on occasion. I'm on the fence with him as a player - could be a world beater but could just lack the ability to thrive at the very top level.

Talking about standing amongst supporters. Years ago I went to Stoke I belive Jermain Defoe made his debut during his initial loan spell. The only way I could get into the ground was in the away end with all the Stoke lunatics behind the goal.

Stoke scored and I had to jump up and down with them in the pretence that I was over the moon with it all, uttering under my breath various expletives, one beginning with 's' and another beginning with 'f' and with 'b' as well.

Most embarrasing.

Talking about standing amongst supporters. Years ago I went to Stoke I belive Jermain Defoe made his debut during his initial loan spell. The only way I could get into the ground was in the away end with all the Stoke lunatics behind the goal.

Stoke scored and I had to jump up and down with them in the pretence that I was over the moon with it all, uttering under my breath various expletives, one beginning with 's' and another beginning with 'f' and with 'b' as well.

Most embarrasing.

sod, flip & bugger?

To be honest if I'm engaging in the first and last, then the intensity is pretty high

On Mings though, definitely a player in there, but the injuries must weigh heavy in Eddie's mind. We all know he'd rather make his changes out wide, fresh quick legs against tiring full backs. Might be that when he's on the pitch EH feels he needs to keep a substitution back 'just in case'. Which would be understandable, just hope he can stay knock, card, and injury free for a while and regain Eddie's trust. If that is what the issue is, just I know that for me it would nagging at the back of my head

To be honest if I'm engaging in the first and last, then the intensity is pretty high

On Mings though, definitely a player in there, but the injuries must weigh heavy in Eddie's mind. We all know he'd rather make his changes out wide, fresh quick legs against tiring full backs. Might be that when he's on the pitch EH feels he needs to keep a substitution back 'just in case'. Which would be understandable, just hope he can stay knock, card, and injury free for a while and regain Eddie's trust. If that is what the issue is, just I know that for me it would nagging at the back of my head
When I saw that photo, my reaction was the same as it always is when we see him. What a physical presence he is. He looks the real deal when he is fit, and there is a lot of promise there. As to "the next injury", it will either come or it will not. But if he ready to go right now, it is hard to figure why he is not getting some playing time ... especially now that there are no cup games in our immediate future.

It must have been mentioned before, but him standing among our supporters at West Ham last season, in the middle of his long injury lay off and also talking to the supporters, doing selfies etc, will always endear him to me. I am really hoping this sorts itself out.
He came all the way to Newcastle that season as well and sat in with us. Call me sentimental but I love him for that.

;