More International Call Ups for our Academy Lads

But we won't USE them....they'll end up at Glasgow Rangers or Yeovil on loan....the club has to start feeding its resources into the Needs of the Club in its pursuit of its status and wellbeing....and for its support !
We are getting it all WRONG !

Last edited:
I do get in a way what Old Cherry means as under JT some academy lads were getting a taste of first team football and this must have been fantastic for the lads in U16’s and above and even younger academy lads dreaming of going all the way.
JW has made it clear he hasn’t had a chance to watch the U21’s play or even train.
By the time a manager had this interest in the club again I’m afraid some will have to venture away for 1st team football and that is a massive shame on the club

I do get in a way what Old Cherry means as under JT some academy lads were getting a taste of first team football and this must have been fantastic for the lads in U16’s and above and even younger academy lads dreaming of going all the way.
JW has made it clear he hasn’t had a chance to watch the U21’s play or even train.
By the time a manager had this interest in the club again I’m afraid some will have to venture away for 1st team football and that is a massive shame on the club

It must be really difficult for JW (and JT before him) this season.

Preparing the first team for two games a week throughout this season would have your mind focused on this part of the job rather than the academy players. It's a consequence of having such a condensed season. Although having said that you would say that if the academy coaches were doing their jobs they'd be bringing players of promise to the first team coaching staff.

Yes two games a week to prepare for is a tough one but EH & JT were present during evening games and training sessions when they could fit it around first team duties but i guess it proves how much of the club they were physically running and interested in.

But the half dozen or so U21's who have regularly been on the bench do take part in the senior squad daily training sessions unless they have a friendly U21 game lined up.

Despite this not that many have been used as subs so JW has seen the U21 lads that are in the frame but at the moment he just chooses to use them sparingly.

I would suspect perhaps the levels these players are being called up for are not the levels of the championship so maybe that's why they are not getting league game time

just watched the ireland highlights, looked like travers had a tricky game. will be disappointed at getting beaten by a (very good) lob.

;