Morgan Rogers

Loan to buy seems sensible.....we're blooding enough of our own youngsters to be competitive in this league next season if we don't get promotion so the odd quality addition like this from a PL team is low risk.

Feels an odd deal for City to agree to. Assume it has some kind of buy back in it for them. I’ve seen him described as a forward in some places, anyone know if this is in an out and out role or more in the hole?

Feels an odd deal for City to agree to. Assume it has some kind of buy back in it for them. I’ve seen him described as a forward in some places, anyone know if this is in an out and out role or more in the hole?
From what bits I can read he's a swap for Danjuma. Likes the number 10 shirt, plays left wing but drifts around.

According to a Forest article on him when they were linked recently, he can play anywhere across the front line.

Oh yes, he'll do ! :love:

Looks like an excellent interim replacement for Danjuma and great work by the club to secure the option to buy him if everything works out for both parties.

A big, strong, skilful lad who also likes to have a crack from distance, which personally I always like to see. We don't HAVE TO pass the ball into the net every time ! :p Definitely looks like he could make a great contribution to our season if we can keep him fit and playing regularly.

If correct, the £8-9 million to-buy tag helps explain why we’re getting Cahill not CCV. Five million said to be too much for the latter, so we get Cahill on a short-term contract while the Danjuma profit goes on a top young prospect. Also suggests growing confidence in Rossi, so the money can be held for a goalscoring forward - and hopefully the PL dividend.

Oh yes, he'll do ! :love:

Looks like an excellent interim replacement for Danjuma and great work by the club to secure the option to buy him if everything works out for both parties.

A big, strong, skilful lad who also likes to have a crack from distance, which personally I always like to see. We don't HAVE TO pass the ball into the net every time ! :p Definitely looks like he could make a great contribution to our season if we can keep him fit and playing regularly.

Don't you worry when you only see a player through YouTube highlights? Ibe probably has a fantastic show reel too (Harry Wilson too). If he arrives, which looks likely, then I'll be backing him all the way though.

Then, it's like one of those deals where the first 12 months is free.
We might also have a get out clause based on appearances made or something.
If it looks unlikely that we will get promotion, we mind end up not playing him in the second half of the season, just to avoid HAVING to sign him in the Summer.
Or there might be other clauses where the obligation to buy gets lifted.

But to be honest, even if we bought him for 9 million in the Summer, if he plays anything like we would expect, it's unlikely we'd lose money on him. If finances demand it, we can buy him and sell him directly and make a few quid next Summer. I'm sure we have covered our backs before agreeing to this contract.
Obviously if we go straight up this season, then signing him permanently is a no-brainer and we'll be glad we had that clause in the loan agreement.

;