Murray to Brighton?

At the start of the summer I thought he would be here next season but the arrival of another striker in Mousset means I now think the absolute opposite. Brighton have long coveted him seeing letting him go as a huge mistake in their history so it wouldn't surprise me if he ends up there.

strange that championship clubs can offer up to double wages than bournemouth considering the millions we received for staying in the prem.

It's not about paying him what Newcastle offered but not destroying the clubs wage structure. We may be well funded but have not got money to burn!

:110:

This is the same conversation the Brighton fans were having when Grabban took a payrise from us rather than move there.

They couldn't get their heads around the fact that it wasn't that we could offer more than them, it was that we chose to. They could easily have outbid us if they wanted but they had put a limit on what they were going to offer so he took the new contract from us instead.

Can't remember what happened next but he's still here so it must have all worked out well.

Even outside the PL, the Newcastle budget can take on huge wages due to their attendances and the fact that their billionaire owner will keep throwing money at it until they get back to having PL money. He simply won't accept them in the second tier. So offering a mid-table PL wage on a five year contract won't, by them, be seen as such a risk.

Should things go mammaries skyward with Rafa and they start to pull a Derby or Forest then it may become an issue. I'd be surprised though, I think they'll demolish the division.

NSC obsession wih Glenn Murray, like a teenage boy fumbling around a girl he fancies, continues unabated.

Put up with the cash or shut up, my only advice.

yesyescherry - 2/7/2016 20:01

they reckon...

http://wearebrighton.com/blog/2016/07/glenn-murray-a-done-deal/

Professional site:

'Attempts to sign him in January were thwarted, mainly because Eddie Howe is a bit of a silly billy and didn’t want to be seen loaning out a player he paid big money for just four months earlier (Stephen Dobbie anyone?) so this represents a bit of a turnaround.'

They obviously chose to ignore Lee Tomlin getting loaned out after being purchased for big money just four months earlier.

season long loan is a strange one

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12040/10332075/bournemouth8217s-glenn-murray-in-talks-over-brighton-return-sky-sources?

yesyescherry - 2/7/2016 22:09

season long loan is a strange one

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12040/10332075/bournemouth8217s-glenn-murray-in-talks-over-brighton-return-sky-sources?

Well I guess if they won't pay what we want then it is surely best to a) get him playing (unlikely to be with us) and b) get him off the wage bill.

Going to need a few more reinforcements to come in yet.

I guess it's possible that we are charging them a loan fee in addition to the wages.

Less risk for them and some return for us.

His wages won't be insubstantial given he was one of our few if only PL - PL signings.

If Brighton are taking those wages on, then they have deeper pockets than they let on, but would prefer to have sold him and drawn a line under the whole thing. Now we'll have this same question in 12 months.

;