Murray to Brighton?

Reminds me of the old mint advert

"Never hurry that's Glenn Murray"

Hopefully will be able to get to home games on time, but with the problems with Southern Rail may find it difficult.

yesyescherry - 3/7/2016 17:04

which supposedly includes a 7 figure loan fee plus payment of all his wages so another one off the wage bill with some money recuperated - could mean a loss of a couple of million

Where have you read about the 7 figure fee?

AlGard - 3/7/2016 18:33
Loan? When he comes back at 34, retail value, not a lot. Bad business.
Get him off the books, get a first choice PL player in instead, in the PL where business is based around the squillions in media money, sponsorship, merchandising.

Decent business if we stay up, and surely that's the only goal this season.

AFCB Lost in Brum - 3/7/2016 22:27

Get him off the books, get a first choice PL player in instead, in the PL where business is based around the squillions in media money, sponsorship, merchandising.

Experienced players out and inexperience in. Hope we are stepping up in the market soon

AlGard - 4/7/2016 07:29

AFCB Lost in Brum - 3/7/2016 22:27

Experienced players out and inexperience in. Hope we are stepping up in the market soon

Understand your point Al but Ake played more PL games last season than Murray or Elphick and not a massive amount less than Murray or Ritchie in total.

We can't confirm the signings of Ronaldo, Bale and Pogba whilst they are still involved in the tournament after all.

Seriously though, the market was always going to be slow whilst the Euros was on so now it is winding down, I'd expect it to pick up pace soon.

"I'm really happy it's sorted now. I didn't feature much for Bournemouth last year.

It was nice to be a small part of the Bournemouth story. It is fantastic for a club of their size to be where they are.

Unfortunately it didn't work out for me. I didn't play much and I'm happy to get out.

I don't particularly think I fitted into Bournemouth's style of play. I think I was seen as something different if that didn't work."

Not sure what's wrong with that. Seems pretty accurate to me and perfectly respectful of us and the situation.

Agree he won't be back and also agree that what he has said is not that bad.

I think it is pretty plain that there was some kind of falling out between Eddie and Murray quite early on - whether Murray just expected to come in and start most games who knows but it seems pretty evident that there was miscommunication or misunderstanding regarding his role..

kirsikka - 5/7/2016 09:03

"I'm really happy it's sorted now. I didn't feature much for Bournemouth last year.

It was nice to be a small part of the Bournemouth story. It is fantastic for a club of their size to be where they are.

Unfortunately it didn't work out for me. I didn't play much and I'm happy to get out.

I don't particularly think I fitted into Bournemouth's style of play. I think I was seen as something different if that didn't work."

Not sure what's wrong with that. Seems pretty accurate to me and perfectly respectful of us and the situation.

Spot on really.

AlGard - 4/7/2016 07:29

So do you mean experienced players similar to Newcastle's signings last season, or inexperienced players as were Payet and Konte?

Experienced yes, but relatively unknown on these shores

Might be an arrogance thing but I do believe that we see experience of English football as the only experience that counts, I mean even Ashcroft at the FA has supposedly made it a pre requisite for the England job

I agree Murrays comments are accurate, spot on and nothing to get anyones sturdies in a twist about.

Wish he wasn't going to the seaweed though, somewhere like Brentford instead.

...aaah well good deal for all concerned then...although some players leave us with more class and respect...with him and Tomlin gone at least we can focus on the team spirit that has got us here!

He is spot on with his comments, no different to anyone leaving a job that didn't work out for both parties, rather strange it's not a permanent signing, maybe he doesn't have more than a season left in him at Championship level. Good if he is fully off the wage bill.

;