My complete life of supporting Bournemouth.

28 seasons worth was drafted out, just need formatting, and checking.
Feeling better now.
Still can't find my 73-74 writings.

Weird season and an end of an era but the best of the classic 70s shirts - broad red and black stripes looked better than the thin stripes.

My first car was a 1937 Standard Flying Nine, cost me £8. Reg CRU472. Suspension was a bit iffy, hit a bump and the car would bounce along for about 50 yards!

My first car was a Morris Minor registration OUH 18, it was black with red seats and called Cherry! Forza your first game re hull in 1966 was my second one, the first was v Scunthorpe United the week before.

Hi, Al(an) - I am enjoying this and even the namecheck I got early doors. My memory of going to Dean Court with you and your Dad was sitting in the Main Stand near Brighton Beach End (must have been around 1970) and your dad saying "Nice" whenever a Bournemouth player did anything he particularly approved of.

Other memories were Saturday afternoons playing Tournament Golf, Masterpiece and other games (probably including Soccerama) at your place in St Alban's Ave while we listened to the football on Radio Solent. It was then that I learnt there was a place called Waterlooville.

I have been up here in E London since 1983. One or two away games a season - I have paid my dues at Gillingham, Orient (many times) and Dagenham (including the Great Escape season). In the past few years I have enjoyed trips to bigger stadiums and hope to see AFCB at the new Spurs stadium this season.

Here's me and family. Name that year.

1661156880501.png

Last edited:

;