My 'Favourite' players XI

Its impossible to get it bang on right....emotion pulls you one way and sense the other.
I would argue that Boyer and Bolton were the best ever......but different decades had different challenges!

No mention of Darren Anderton unless I've missed it - maybe it's difficult to fit him in especially as the period he played for us was otherwise pretty dull but I loved watching him play. I was expecting him to turn up and be a bit of a big time Charlie - playing like everyone else was beneath him but he managed to be the best player on the pitch every week. He didn't shirk at all and was surprisingly good at tackling and ball recovery.

Denny mundee was a fav of mine a good utility player.
I remember a game when I was
A kid and he played right back and every ball he got he sliced into the new stand every single time

Its impossible to get it bang on right....emotion pulls you one way and sense the other.
I would argue that Boyer and Bolton were the best ever......but different decades had different challenges!

Agree Bill, although I saw this thread as emotion rather than sense. Given that the current era is the prem that is some level to be at. Thus likes of cookie, franno, ake and Daniels are surely peerless as a back 4 compared to other eras. Maybe less clear cut in midfield and forward line. Would you separate ted and Phil with Callum?

Reactions: DJ
Boruc
Francis Ake Cox Cummings
Elliott Brooks Arter Fraser
Pitman Jones

Manager - Eddie Howe

Agree Bill, although I saw this thread as emotion rather than sense. Given that the current era is the prem that is some level to be at. Thus likes of cookie, franno, ake and Daniels are surely peerless as a back 4 compared to other eras. Maybe less clear cut in midfield and forward line. Would you separate ted and Phil with Callum?
No.. Ted and Phil was a unique pairing....they did both do very well at the top division with arrggh Norwich( my 3rd dislike after Leeds/ Manu !) so level with Callum on that! But there could be an argument eventually that Callum is a more accomplished allround player than Ted...but I dont think he could outdo Ted on snatching goals. I would put Phil Boyer ahead of both on allround skills ...just!

...yeah there has been so many players that I loved watching like Jason Brisset...Alan Groves....Wade Elliott...John Sainty....who had real flair and true entertainment value...

If it’s favourites and not best then....

Boruc
Young
Teale
Ake
Cummings
Wood
Bishop
Arter
Pugh
Kermorgant
Pitman

sub carter.

(That forward line wouldn’t take much catching)
A best eleven would look very different. Only Boruc, Teale and Ake would make it (and maybe Arter)

This is so difficult but on the basis of 'favourites' only…

David Best
Nathan Ake
Eddie Howe
Tommy Elphick
Mark Newson
John Bailey
Ronnie Bolton
Ryan Fraser
Phil Boyer
Ted MacDougall
Steve Fletcher

I know it's all about opinions.......but please John Sainty !!!:eek!::eek!:
...he was an entertainer, I recall once how he flipped the ball back over his head to beat an opponent...for a player of his stature it was sublime skill...he also played with a smile on his face I recall...all about opinions I suppose!

...he was an entertainer, I recall once how he flipped the ball back over his head to beat an opponent...for a player of his stature it was sublime skill...he also played with a smile on his face I recall...all about opinions I suppose!
Im with you on Sainty... Classy player...

;