Nat Phillips

With him and CCV, looks like Celtic are trying to create a defence made up of players formerly on loan at AFCB in the Championship.

Smith on a free when his contract expires at the end of the season to join them? Where's Leif Davis these days? That'd give them a complete set.

With him and CCV, looks like Celtic are trying to create a defence made up of players formerly on loan at AFCB in the Championship.

Smith on a free when his contract expires at the end of the season to join them? Where's Leif Davis these days? That'd give them a complete set.
Haha good point. My brother is a hardcore Celtic fan, and is very 50/50 on this move seeing as how Phillips has not played a ton the past couple of seasons but they do need depth he said so they shall see.

Got some winger from Aris in Greece also.

Leif is doing very well at Ipswich apparently. He won't need to move to Scotland for a long time!

I don't get it. What's the point of a loan? He's not getting any better/younger and not good enough for this level.
Maybe high wages and Liverpool stubbornly thinking they will get a silly fee for him?
If he does well on loan which he probably will in the Scottish Premier League, Liverpool can sell him next summer for a $15m fee

Sell him now or stay at Liverpool in their reserves they get a $5m fee.

Plus Celtic will pay $1m loan fee and wages.

If he does well on loan which he probably will in the Scottish Premier League, Liverpool can sell him next summer for a $15m fee

Sell him now or stay at Liverpool in their reserves they get a $5m fee.

Plus Celtic will pay $1m loan fee and wages.
I'll be amazed if they find someone stupid enough to pay £15M for him in the last year of his contract.

I'd expect his wages to be right at the top of what Celtic would pay combined with a loan fee would make him easily their most expensive player. Seems odd they would go all out for him.

I'll be amazed if they find someone stupid enough to pay £15M for him in the last year of his contract.

I'd expect his wages to be right at the top of what Celtic would pay combined with a loan fee would make him easily their most expensive player. Seems odd they would go all out for him.

Didn't realise he was in his last year of his contract. This loan is like a trial for Liverpool - perform well in first 4 months of the loan and we'll renew your contract. Perform badly and it's off to Everton you go in the Championship next season.

Better than rangers’ plan to recruit afcb players - that soon unravelled

;