Nat Phillips

Phillips was decent for us, not outstanding by any means but not anywhere near as poor as you are making out either. He certainly had some shaky games but he also had some pretty solid ones too.
You'll forgive me if i don't take the opinion of someone who once thought that Nathan Redmond was a better player than Danjuma as being the definitive word.

It doesn't matter one jot what anyone else thinks about Phillips - if Parker rates him that highly then we'll get him. We were promoted with him as a key player in the side - so artistry and aesthetics are irrelevant - the stats prove he was effective at what he needed to do.
FWIW - I found him slow and cumbersome and 'agricultural' to start with but as he got match fit and integrated better into the side my opinion changed. He's still no Nathan Ake in terms of poise and balance but he wins ugly balls, especially in the air and his passing - though not pleasing on the eye - finds his man a lot more often than not.
I'd be very happy to have him back but know there are other options too, if the price isn't right. What I do think is folk should be a bit more thankful for what the guy gave us - 100% in every game and not continually beret him in some kind of vendetta bitchfest.

It doesn't matter one jot what anyone else thinks about Phillips - if Parker rates him that highly then we'll get him. We were promoted with him as a key player in the side - so artistry and aesthetics are irrelevant - the stats prove he was effective at what he needed to do.
FWIW - I found him slow and cumbersome and 'agricultural' to start with but as he got match fit and integrated better into the side my opinion changed. He's still no Nathan Ake in terms of poise and balance but he wins ugly balls, especially in the air and his passing - though not pleasing on the eye - finds his man a lot more often than not.
I'd be very happy to have him back but know there are other options too, if the price isn't right. What I do think is folk should be a bit more thankful for what the guy gave us - 100% in every game and not continually beret him in some kind of vendetta bitchfest.
That is the whole point imo,..if the price is right....we've been mugged by Liverpool more than once.....hope we are prepared to turn away if they demand silly money

Agree with all that Ron but what I would say ( regarding that last paragraph ) is " things have changed 'round here since you been away ol' timer, yep, they've changed a lot" : )

I think it stems from TPs dislike of Parker, so any player he signs will get a negative response, same with Frederick's, as his Fulham connection.
He'll pick out one moment from a game, to prove his point.
I don’t think there’s any need to share these kinds of theories as to why a certain poster might hold a specific opinion, it’s exactly what this board doesn’t need. Best just to argue the post at hand and not delve into some sort of character analysis, it might well be true (I don’t know or care) but it isn’t going to do any good for the direction of this thread.

That is the whole point imo,..if the price is right....we've been mugged by Liverpool more than once.....hope we are prepared to turn away if they demand silly money

Exactly. No disrespect to Nat as it wouldn't be personal against him. How many players with the limited game time he's had would be bought for 15 million? He probably thinks it's an overvaluation himself.

I don’t think there’s any need to share these kinds of theories as to why a certain poster might hold a specific opinion, it’s exactly what this board doesn’t need. Best just to argue the post at hand and not delve into some sort of character analysis, it might well be true (I don’t know or care) but it isn’t going to do any good for the direction of this thread.
So your saying what I can post or not? It's not a character analysis he continually states his dislike for Parker and signings

;