Nat Phillips

You'll forgive me if i don't take the opinion of someone who once thought that Nathan Redmond was a better player than Danjuma as being the definitive word.

Genuinely not sure what you want out of supporting this club, you don’t goto games and every opinion is a negative one, we sign a player you’re negative, we give someone a 5 year contract you’re negative.

cheer up.

Thought this was an interesting stat from the article in the Our Setup and Tactics thread

“This season, Phillips makes 7.24 passes to the final third per 90 and 9.19 progressive passes per 90. Both statistics rank over 1.5 more than the league average for centre-backs, who have played over 1,000 minutes. Phillips plays a key role in ensuring that Bournemouth can build up and his ability on the ball is well utilised.”

Admittedly you want your defenders primarily to defend well, but stats like this probably go some way to explaining his reported fee?

I don’t think there’s any need to share these kinds of theories as to why a certain poster might hold a specific opinion, it’s exactly what this board doesn’t need. Best just to argue the post at hand and not delve into some sort of character analysis, it might well be true (I don’t know or care) but it isn’t going to do any good for the direction of this thread.

This post pretty confirms KK is Waz...:D

Thought Fulham would have gone for Williams, but this article mentions why they have looked elsewhere.

After spending the second half of the 2021-22 season at Fulham on loan and helping them gain promotion back to the Premier League, many believed Neco Williams was all but certain to join the Cottagers this summer on a permanent deal.

The latest, though, has Fulham considering other options in search of better value while fellow newly promoted side Nottingham Forest—managed by former Liverpool youth boss Steve Cooper—push to close a deal for the 21-year-old Williams.

Liverpool set an asking price of £15M for Williams and the expectation was that Fulham would meet it but instead multiple reports this week have them turning their attention to Wolfsburg’s Kevin Mbabu, who would cost around half that amount.

https://liverpooloffside.sbnation.c...es-neco-williams-fulham-consider-alternatives

He was very solid in the championship. I have a niggling doubt about his pace and ability against technical players in the PL. Yes he played for Liverpool but that’s an easier team for a defender to step into than Bournemouth. Plus they are letting him go. It’s interesting that the name Liverpool allows you to start any transfer deal with 15m min but if the player hasn’t played much that’s not an indication they will be 15m level. It’s a bit of a lottery as we have found out in our dealings with them. So far not one player we have bought off Liverpool was the correct value in their first two seasons with us.

Judging by his Instagram account he has just changed his agent.

Now with the same agency as Alexander-Arnold, Robertson and Ryan Christie.

This seems to be where the story came from.

But, a Liverpool source has told Football Insider there has been a change of heart from the club management including Jurgen Klopp and they are now planning to send Phillips out for the season in exchange for a loan fee.

Bournemouth are keen to bring the centre-half back to the Vitality Stadium after he helped them win promotion to the Premier League.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/

I'd be very happy to have him back but know there are other options too, if the price isn't right. What I do think is folk should be a bit more thankful for what the guy gave us - 100% in every game and not continually “beret” him in some kind of vendetta bitchfest.[/QUOTE]

I don’t know about “beret” him but he’ll have to improve to get any England “caps” ….

I'd be very happy to have him back but know there are other options too, if the price isn't right. What I do think is folk should be a bit more thankful for what the guy gave us - 100% in every game and not continually “beret” him in some kind of vendetta bitchfest.

I don’t know about “beret” him but he’ll have to improve to get any England “caps” ….[/QUOTE]

Based on how well our England centre backs are doing at the moment, I'd say he could be called up very soon... in theory.

;