Nathan Ake

I'm not sure he is injured now, just cannot get into the squad. I had a look on the blue moon forum today and most think he's good but can't work his way into the team. Some think they didn't need to spend the money. Still the best player we've seen for a long, long time

From 6 days ago...

993B8BAA-FF92-4732-9384-C2036866F7D7.jpeg

Lovely to see him start today in the Shield. Funny how one player leaves and you can still have a feeling for him, others, well let's not go there! :grinning:

Ake was so sharp when he played for us every game, busy for 90 mins upfront/defending. For city the occasional game which involves strolling around for most of the 90 mins doesn’t suit him imho

I’m going to be controversial here but I think that Ake was overrated by the majority of our fan base. Lacks the physicality to be a top centre back and his concentration levels can be suspect too, whisper it quietly but I believe Mings is actually a better centre back… decent Prem player but 40m was absolute daylight robbery

I’m going to be controversial here but I think that Ake was overrated by the majority of our fan base. Lacks the physicality to be a top centre back and his concentration levels can be suspect too, whisper it quietly but I believe Mings is actually a better centre back… decent Prem player but 40m was absolute daylight robbery

Couldn't disagree more, the best ever to wear the shirt. Prevented us getting thrashed 5-0 every week.

While I really rated Tyrone and thought he was very unlucky in his ‘career’ here Nathan was a class above anybody I’ve seen in a Cherries shirt. (And don’t give me Boyer or MacDougal anybody) However you don’t need to be a big thumping animal like Watson or Allardyce anymore. One of my favourite ever defenders was Des Walker, speed skill and a great reader of the game. Given the right coaching I think our young Kelly could be that good too.

it wasn’t our fan base that bought him. Pep had options across Europe but chose ake. £40m was decent given covid/relegation but low vs £50m for Ben white for example.

;