Nathan Ake

Echo behind the curve of decent online journalism and have been for a long while.

Clearly anyone with 10% knowledge of the game would know Ake would never return here…

Only if they are an investigative journalist. I'd argue the ohec ones are not of that ilk. They report news, in this case they thought reporting on someone else's article was indeed news.
The Ohec business model has changed completely over the last few years.

They don't have the resources of the hard copy days and their readership is different.

They make money online and from subscriptions and so they have to respond to that. They use clickbaity headlines that they cull from other sources. Sometimes they don't even bother to rewrite them!

A lot of the content is syndicated and written by a central content team so features little or no local input.

They fired all the local journos and photographers. A lot of their photos are now taken by 'interns' who are cheap and will do what they are told.

It's modern life I guess.

The Ohec business model has changed completely over the last few years.

They don't have the resources of the hard copy days and their readership is different.

They make money online and from subscriptions and so they have to respond to that. They use clickbaity headlines that they cull from other sources. Sometimes they don't even bother to rewrite them!

A lot of the content is syndicated and written by a central content team so features little or no local input.

They fired all the local journos and photographers. A lot of their photos are now taken by 'interns' who are cheap and will do what they are told.

It's modern life I guess.

It's shite bit you get what you pay for and I bet pretty much 100% of those who moan about the quality of echo journalism don't pay anything.

It's shite bit you get what you pay for and I bet pretty much 100% of those who moan about the quality of echo journalism don't pay anything.
Just to add that the group ran a competition a while ago. There was a £9,000 prize for the newspaper title that obtained the most reader content for free.

This is why you see so many 'send us your pictures' when there's something like the air show on.

A large part of the Newsquest model is to leverage free content wherever they can. Sure they still need content managers but very few people are actually producing real stuff in Bournemouth anymore.

I’m not sure why you would pay anything these days? I’m old fashioned and still buy a national newspaper so pay for news in a way. The Echo stopped being worth buying years ago in my opinion when it became content light and advert heavy. It’s relationship with the club was a sycophantic one anyway.

I’m not sure why you would pay anything these days? I’m old fashioned and still buy a national newspaper so pay for news in a way. The Echo stopped being worth buying years ago in my opinion when it became content light and advert heavy. It’s relationship with the club was a sycophantic one anyway.
The last paper I bought was the football pink. It was great for local results.

From SSN

Chelsea, Man City in talks over Ake move

Chelsea are in advanced talks with Manchester City over a deal to bring Nathan Ake back to the club, The Times report.

The Dutch defender only joined the Premier League champions two years ago and it could cost up to £50m to secure his services, according to reports.

Ake, 27, started his professional career at Stamford Bridge in 2012.

That was so hilarious....the Jan Molby bit had my first morning tea sprayed...Haalands expression....and Grealish touching his face to confirm....Nathan's " for sure"... sublime unscripted comedy !
....but I hope the training camp didn't go too well !

;