Nathan Ake

Ake was so sharp when he played for us every game, busy for 90 mins upfront/defending. For city the occasional game which involves strolling around for most of the 90 mins doesn’t suit him imho

Just goes to show how important momentum and confidence are for players. He's not had much game time and is lacking confidence. Personally think going to City was a mistake for him. Pains me to say it but United may well have been a better choice because they needed him more. Am sure he'll bounce back but maybe not at City.

Just goes to show how important momentum and confidence are for players. He's not had much game time and is lacking confidence. Personally think going to City was a mistake for him. Pains me to say it but United may well have been a better choice because they needed him more. Am sure he'll bounce back but maybe not at City.

Agree. Needs to play every week and be tested more.

I think he is good enough to start for a top 6 team but he won the prem last season and gets paid a fortune and as a job is t that the goal

I think he is good enough to start for a top 6 team but he won the prem last season and gets paid a fortune and as a job is t that the goal

Don't think he'll be satisfied with that. I can see him at Spurs, Arsenal or Leicester.

Although he lacked a couple of inches in height his positional sense and movement was outstanding for us. He needs to play every game as he looks as if he could be a bit rusty if left on the sidelines for long. Loan him back (and pay his wages) please!

One Sunday paper commented that Pep was very unhappy with his display v Leicester and might be looking to offload him. It would be great to have him back on loan to help him regain form and fitness.

One Sunday paper commented that Pep was very unhappy with his display v Leicester and might be looking to offload him. It would be great to have him back on loan to help him regain form and fitness.

9 PL starts and coming on once as a sub last season, plus a goal in the home defeat against Leicester City.

He is now 26-years-old and should be playing more regularly, seems a bit like the Chelsea scenario.

9 PL starts and coming on once as a sub last season, plus a goal in the home defeat against Leicester City.

He is now 26-years-old and should be playing more regularly, seems a bit like the Chelsea scenario.
The problem is that there are better defenders in front of him. Dias was utterly superb last season, Laporte didn't get as much game time due to the form of Stones. It's always going to be hard for Ake to hold down a regular place there. That said, Ake is superb and a run of games would build momentum for him, don't see him getting that at Man City.

But he was injured for a significant part of last season so you can’t judge on those stats

Reactions: drd
The problem is that there are better defenders in front of him. Dias was utterly superb last season, Laporte didn't get as much game time due to the form of Stones. It's always going to be hard for Ake to hold down a regular place there. That said, Ake is superb and a run of games would build momentum for him, don't see him getting that at Man City.

Just reading this story, it seems Laporte wants away.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...ws/man-city-aymeric-laporte-transfer-21262081

I'd say Akê is the best AFC Bournemouth player I have ever seen.

For today's style of game, I'd agree, but in different times on different standards of pitches and in a lower league of course, I don't think you'd have found better than Shaun Teale. The guy had legs like tree trunks and wasn't afraid to use his strength.

;