Nathaniel Clyne

The loan rules were changed in direct response to the Watford system a few years ago which was seen as gaming the FFP process. However, I think they must have tightened them up again as I thought you could have two from one club before. I could be wrong though, maybe it was always only one.

"we meet again Nathaniel"
"please can you stop staring at my groin"
"only if you cut out that dabbing shyte"

2FD20B7B00000578-0-image-a-23_1452078242901.jpg

I can't believe we've been able to bring a player of this calibre in on loan. Absolutely delighted with this. He's still one of the top RBs in the league.

Agreed.....he played against Man U the other week, first game for a while I think, game played at full tilt and he stood out.

Must have changed. Didn't Watford loan 3 from Udinese a couple of seasons back?

Al,

Tht was Neil Warnock's gripe on TV the other day. You can only loan 2 players from the Premier League but as many as you want from overseas. His argument is that this rule stops the development of young English players

Exactly what I was hoping for !
A Premier League ready loan player to cover our defensive shortage until the end of the season, who knows, perhaps with an option to buy if both parties agree to it further down the road ? A really, really good result to get somebody in who can make a difference for us almost immediately.
Very well done to all involved in this deal !
:utc:

No option to buy included according to this:

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...-clyne-in-bournemouth-loan-deal-a4030676.html

When we get ex Saints players come to DC I an sure I have heard chants of ‘Scummers’.

I suppose if they come to us they make an exception. ;)

;