Nathaniel Clyne

Most media sources saying its all agreed, no rush as he wouldn't be able to play tomorrow anyway - deadline was midday I believe.

I've just read that we are signing two currently injured players from Liverpool...yes Liverpool...to replace injured players????

So...don't get too Starstruck too quickly...and then there is the 'Bournemouth Way' to ' learn'.

Last edited:
Why is it taking so long?

To be frank this is the important signing of the day.

:utc:

Likely they wanted Solanke’s medical done first as he was a permanent signing and that freed up Defoe to go up to Scotland for his move to to Rangers.

Mark McAdam on Sky Sports News about half an hour ago said that he expected the Clyne deal to be announced tonight at some stage.

Panic ye not!!

I've just read that we are signing two currently injured players from Liverpool...yes Liverpool...to replace injured players????

So...don't get too Starstruck too quickly...and then there is the 'Bournemouth Way' to ' learn'.

Clyne isn't injured, he played against Man Utd for them about three weeks ago and played great as well. Apparently Solanke isn't very injured! Just a strain and as a long term signing, its all good.

Really good loan signing once confirmed. Just the cover we need and he'll be keen to get his credentials back in order under the PL spotlight. I like!!

Good stuff - confirmed and available for tomorrow per official site.

Big hole filled and no need to rush Smith back too soon.

Excellent, that's a huge bonus. I had thought we'd missed the deadline.
On COWS they said he had to be at the ground for 7am today. I imagine it was always the plan to get him through the medical and signed up before midday so that he can meet the deadline to be eligible to play tomorrow. Guess the media team were too busy with the Solanke signing to enable the club to announce this signing when it happened.
Two good signings today, looks like the club are still looking to improve. A very positive sign.
:utc:

;