Nathaniel Clyne

Once again, I am turning to you all for advice on how things work ......

Clyne has looked really good in red&black, there has even been speculation of a permanent move.

But could Liverpool offer to buy Clyne's loan deal from AFCB? Is there any precedence for that? Not saying AFCB would accept it, just wondering about the protocol.

Even if not, Klopp has loads of cash to find a replacement in the window.

Once again, I am turning to you all for advice on how things work ......

Clyne has looked really good in red&black, there has even been speculation of a permanent move.

But could Liverpool offer to buy Clyne's loan deal from AFCB? Is there any precedence for that? Not saying AFCB would accept it, just wondering about the protocol.

Even if not, Klopp has loads of cash to find a replacement in the window.
No. A loan is a loan. They won't be able to recall Clyne either. And if their player is only out for a month, I don't think Klopp will be panicking either. It's not as if he's out for the entire season, which would be another matter entirely.
They thought long and hard before agreeing to loan Clyne out to us. There was much discussion amongst their fans as to whether or not they had enough cover. Klopp obviously thought so and agreed to the move - i.e. he had already considered the possibility of further injuries and was still happy to let Clyne go. He has players he can move around to cover this injury for a month, so not even convinced he will need to buy cover in this window.

There's no recalls from PL to PL clubs as far as I know

I think it's no recalls for PL clubs at all, except in the case of goalkeepers, and even then each case is heard individually. The logic being that as PL clubs we should have a surfeit of talent that we know whether we can afford to loan out or not

I think it's no recalls for PL clubs at all, except in the case of goalkeepers, and even then each case is heard individually. The logic being that as PL clubs we should have a surfeit of talent that we know whether we can afford to loan out or not

Thanks cockbeard. I just couldn't help but think that PL is an industry driven by the business side, so are there any laws that would stop Klopp from saying something like "let's undo the loan, AFCB .... here's a million pounds for your trouble". Sounds like that is prohibited.

I do think that Liverpool are in a precarious position, just 4 points up and Man City looking menacing. If Klopp leaves himself short, in a year where they have a good chance at winning the League, and they fail .... it will be a tough look on his resume.

things like that have happened at a lower level or in the past. I was saying myself earlier in the season that if we didn't have recall on Surridge could we pay some compensation to get him at a higher level to speed his development

Another solid outing for Clyne and Milner takes a red card today (2 yellows). Klopp must be kicking himself. Makes me wonder even more about the Clyne loan being a throw-in on the back of the Solanke transfer.

Another solid outing for Clyne and Milner takes a red card today (2 yellows). Klopp must be kicking himself. Makes me wonder even more about the Clyne loan being a throw-in on the back of the Solanke transfer.

He was on the way to Cardiff so I think he was leaving Liverpool this window anyway.

They have some Dutch prodigy so if Gomez isn't back they'll play him.

;