National League

Bitzer

Star Player
With everything that's been going on today the National league play off semi final seems to have been pushed into the background.
Torquay beat Notts County 4-2 after extra time . They will play the winners of Stockport or Hartlepool in the final.
4 teams that most of us would associate with the Football league. I think it would be great to have Torquay back, some great away days there in the past.

It's funny how as I get older I look back to past seasons playing against these 4 clubs with my rose tints on, thinking that they were better and more simpler times when in fact our club was living week to week, hand to mouth.
If you look at the journey these 4 clubs have been on compared to ours, we really do have a lot to thank Eddie, Max and numerous ex players for.

The last day of the domestic season today as Torquay Utd take on Hartlepool Utd at Ashton Gate for a place in the Football League after a few years away for both of them.

If by any chance you're reading this, henry_

:finger::finger::finger:

Last edited:
Great header.

Funny thing is a seagull flies across a few seconds after the ball goes. Come on you Gulls !!!!!

Last edited:
Kind of happy for Hartlepool remember our trips, let's face it nothing else for them while Torquay at least have a seaside. Horrible way to lose on penalties but also horrible way to concede on 90+5 mins. Credit that they held it together when so easy for heads to go down.

Torquay were so unlucky. 2 good goals disallowed. Better side. First player slipped when taking penalty and missed having sent keeper the wrong way.
I think like it was very like us, things can go so wrong in a play off game and a season's work is all for nothing.
Being from the north, I do worry that the south coast sides seem to get the worst of the referree decisions though.

;