Negativity on this board

I don’t like seeing this passing back so close to our goal, in the past against better teams than this team Barnsley put out yesterday we have been caught out and punished for doing just that.

But bringing at bit of realism to yesterday, we scored three goals, conceding none and it was our highest score of the season so far.

We have a new manager, young players who have come into the team this season, plus new ones and have only played seven games so far so they are still gelling into a team, the understandings will develop as this season progresses.

In those seven games we still remain undefeated.

We will be facing a much better side on Tuesday night than Barnsley, that will be the real test.

Maybe at the half way stage of the season we could revisit this thread and then have a truer picture of how things are.

No Billy. Waz will tell us how things are.

And the award of the most Hypocritical thread of the year goes to......of course it's Waza ..:rofl:....a poster who rubbished our 5-0 win against Huddersfield last season because they were missing players......now after an equally impressive performance against a weakened Barnsley side we should only mention the positives.......lol

And the award of the most Hypocritical thread of the year goes to......of course it's Waza ..:rofl:....a poster who rubbished our 5-0 win against Huddersfield last season because they were missing players......now after an equally impressive performance against a weakened Barnsley side we should only mention the positives.......lol
In what way was this a weakened Barnsley side?

….let’s establish the differences between negativity and mild criticism!…. as someone once said we learn more from our mistakes than our successes…even in a 3-0 win we can still take an opinion that there are players and areas where we could do better?…all that said if we are criticising then we need to understand that if our players were foot perfect then they wouldn’t be putting on an AFCB shirt?
We are good in this league and it gives us chances to bring in the likes of Zemura and Anthony who would never have got much of a sniff if we were trying to avoid relegation from the PL… let’s enjoy what SP is doing here because it looks exciting..

I don’t like seeing this passing back so close to our goal, in the past against better teams than this team Barnsley put out yesterday we have been caught out and punished for doing just that.

But bringing at bit of realism to yesterday, we scored three goals, conceding none and it was our highest score of the season so far.

We have a new manager, young players who have come into the team this season, plus new ones and have only played seven games so far so they are still gelling into a team, the understandings will develop as this season progresses.

In those seven games we still remain undefeated.

We will be facing a much better side on Tuesday night than Barnsley, that will be the real test.

Maybe at the half way stage of the season we could revisit this thread and then have a truer picture of how things are.
Except we are also only one of two teams to not lose to WBA, and the only team to beat Birmingham. QPR will be a good test, but its not like we have played the bottom 6 so far, and as you say, we had to play the first 5 games, with 4/5 youngsters in every game.

We are averaging 2 points per game, which will usually win the league, and always guarantee promotion.

I think we will only get better. What a start!

In what way was this a weakened Barnsley side?
Anderson, Morris,Benson, Oulare, Williams,
Kitching and Vita .....7 first team players all missing for them......not that it matters to me but given your negative reaction to that Huddersfield game I thought this was something you'd want to know....:)

Thanks for the input Boz, insightful as ever. You carry on commenting on other posters and offering nothing in the way of a constructive opinion, I know that’s the way you like it.
That’s the way I like it. Good song
Or maybe. I should adopt the me me me attitude.
Your opening post is as if the world revolves around you.
As for your favourite word ‘debate’. It’s laughable. You make a statement and anyone who disagrees is invariably insulted.

We have a new manager, young players who have come into the team this season, plus new ones and have only played six games so far so they are still gelling into a team, the understandings will develop as this season progresses.

In those sic games we still remain undefeated.

So the real test wasn't against a very physical West Brom, with 4 academy players in the side & a bench full of kids which Parker couldn't really use.

OK, carry on.

So the real test wasn't against a very physical West Brom, with 4 academy players in the side & a bench full of kids which Parker couldn't really use.

OK, carry on.

That was the first game of the season, they never give a true picture.

QPR highest scorers in the league so far with 14.

I know that many of you may see this as rich coming from me, but I am genuinely astounded at the amount of negative perspectives being taken on the performance today. So far I have read comments such as:
-we were slow and predictable
-the coaching staff acted as though they were coaching an under 12s team
-Parker does not trust his players or give them enough responsibility.
-we were okay but Barnsley are very poor, a better team would have probably beaten us.
Among others.
Jesus wept. Bear in mind this is coming from a self confessed cynic, cheer the f**k up! If you can seriously watch us utterly dominate a side that have only lost once before today, completely outplaying them in every department and not even gifting them a corner, let alone a shot on target, and still find it in yourself to be able to put a negative slant on the day, then I genuinely don’t understand why you would bother going to the game in the first place. I am as cynical as they come, but even I cannot understand the amount of negativity on here tonight.
I think you need to get some context and appreciate the difference between negativity and observations that are intended to create discussions which can lead to greater positivity.

If you want everyone to see through your eyes and only comment with the things you would say you will find yourself better off with an echo chamber. The spirit within which comments are made is just as important.

I actually see significant upside with Parker and if he fulfills potential could not just fill Eddie's boots but also be England Manager. I can't articulate it. However, he's not alone and much can wrong. That doesn't mean if you see an area for improvement in any aspect of our play even after a resounding victory that it's wrong to share that if can say amongst 'friends'.

I may have exaggerated, but when I was doing my badge, I spent some time with a UEFA B license holder who coached at Doncaster at the time. He told me that one of the most challenging but powerful coaching sessions was when they were required to manage a team for a match without talking to the players at all during the game. The purpose is demonstrate the value of detaching and letting the players get on with it, at times letting make mistakes that they will learn from but hopefully don't cost you. And then you have to have the ability at half time to offer measured advice and know what to fix on the training ground later. In the end he told me you are supposed to learn how to pass information and coaching to players when they are off the ball and not involved, far less frequently. This makes sense but is really hard when it's your team and you need 3 points.

Pep is really good at this, among other things. Parker is just in his 3rd season, so I am not critical, it's more an observation of where he and his coaching team are at. If they continue that way it won't necessarily impact results to the negative, and it's an old school method that has worked for others. I just saw it and was interested what motivates say Gary O'Neill to be shouting at Ben with 2 minutes left, rather than sit him down later to show him the video.

Overall I accept some people swing from super high to super lows if we win or lose, but some of us are less emotional in our reaction, and look for positives to build on when we lose and know that when you're winning that's the right time to find the areas where improvement, however marginal can take you forward.so when you read comments with balance but draw out only certain parts, it's more indicative of your narrative than the person who wrote it.

I'm surprised in all of the slight improvements that could haver made a great day even better, that no-one has mentioned Lerma's booking.

3-0 up, in the last minute, and (from the radio commentary) he picks up a needless booking. This could make a difference between a ban or not.

I'm surprised in all of the slight improvements that could haver made a great day even better, that no-one has mentioned Lerma's booking.

3-0 up, in the last minute, and (from the radio commentary) he picks up a needless booking. This could make a difference between a ban or not.

Not sure what happened there. It looked like he booked for going to ground after their keeper raised his hands. I love Jeff but he got what he deserved if you ask me.

;