New back of shirt sponsor

Garbo

UTC Legend
Apparently we are having this on the back of our shirts for our last four matches....

anyone tell me is this Dave Wells Properties?

I do recall Dave Wells from my distant past and well what a rise if true?

Not the best landlord (so the rumours go)
In bed with Bournemouth councillors regarding social housing (so the rumours go)

Many of you probably saw his name on banners opposite the QP when that block of flats the other sied of the road (Queens Park side) was being built.

Many of you probably saw his name on banners opposite the QP when that block of flats the other sied of the road (Queens Park side) was being built.

You can see his name on the majority of the HMOs on Ashley Road opposite Kings Park and around the rest of Boscombe. He's not done the area any favours since he became involved in the 80s.

DWP have sponsored the club in loads of ways for many years. Matchday sponsor, man of the match award sponsor, highlights sponsor etc all that crap.

Are we suddenly uneasy about it because it's on the shirt? Did people just not notice before?

I get he has a history. Still better to me than a multinational gambling entity, at least DWP (these days post the 80s-90s stuff) serves some legit purpose to some people. The massive online betting companies serve no real purpose.

DWP have sponsored the club in loads of ways for many years. Matchday sponsor, man of the match award sponsor, highlights sponsor etc all that crap.

Are we suddenly uneasy about it because it's on the shirt? Did people just not notice before?

Obviously not. It was on the shirt sleeves for the FA Cup games. Looks like that was money well spent :lol::utc:

Virtually every social housing project in the BCP area is given to DWP. His company must be hemmorhaging money so fair game if AFCB get it rather than the taxman.

Dave Wells has come a long way since his humble beginnings in selling second hand cars in Windham Road and Removals in Christchurch. I remember those joke adverts at the ABC, Gaumont and Odeon.

Bournemouth Council bought his car lot for a care home and he hasn't looked back although he was renowned for dodgy practices in his early landlord days.

DWP is probably the largest landlord in the BCP area and his social housing blocks are everywhere.

Dave Wells is now 72 so I doubt he is involved so much these days in DWP. Probably lives next door to Max Demin!

He was in my class at junior school!

Virtually every social housing project in the BCP area is given to DWP. His company must be hemmorhaging money so fair game if AFCB get it rather than the taxman.

Dave Wells has come a long way since his humble beginnings in selling second hand cars in Windham Road and Removals in Christchurch. I remember those joke adverts at the ABC, Gaumont and Odeon.

Bournemouth Council bought his car lot for a care home and he hasn't looked back although he was renowned for dodgy practices in his early landlord days.

DWP is probably the largest landlord in the BCP area and his social housing blocks are everywhere.

Dave Wells is now 72 so I doubt he is involved so much these days in DWP. Probably lives next door to Max Demin!

He was in my class at junior school!
DWP are now run by his sons. The company has moved on a lot in the last decade or so. Bournemouth company sponsoring its local football club. Seems good to me .

What on Earth is the point. and for just 4 matches.
I guess its about Money ! What a load of Bollux !

Why Why Why?

The deal must provisionally include the playoffs.

Any extra income is needed with the debt the club currently has.

It seems many on here resent local people doing well. Eddie Mitchell and Dave Wells for starters.

The deal must provisionally include the playoffs.

Any extra income is needed with the debt the club currently has.

It seems many on here resent local people doing well. Eddie Mitchell and Dave Wells for starters.

I think many on here resent people treating poor people like sh*t and turning Boscombe into a shithole tbh.

;