New contract for Eddie.

Good for him, well deserved. I bet he never thought he’d be earning c£77k a year let alone per week when he took over the reins when we were in League Two.

Are manager contracts for a term period like the players, or it is year-to-year? Either way, it's great and hopefully can be co-ordinated with the stadium improvements that are so desired here.
Did find it odd that it compares his salary to "English managers" ... not all PL managers.

Without Eddie the whole thing comes tumbling down. Watford can chop-and-change managers at will, it seems, with no detrimental effect; I don't think the same would happen with us.

Look what happened the last time he left: flying in League One, to scraping into the play-offs, to mid-table obscurity, to the relegation zone in 19 months.

Worth every penny.

Are manager contracts for a term period like the players, or it is year-to-year?

They are most typically fixed term contracts for two or three years. Sometimes managers are on rolling one year contracts, i.e. There will always be deemed to be one year outstanding on the contract for notice or compensation reasons should the two sides part company.

Unless Eddie has reassurance on the training and new ground issues, I feel this could be Eddies last season here.
He always said he wanted to leave a legacy, .......4 seasons in the Premier league, what more is there for him ? If no new ground ?

...not sure that Eddie is going to agree an improved contract then want to bugger off anytime soon?....this season is the truest test of his abilities to get AFCB seriously competing for a top six to ten finish, I think that he needs to achieve that challenge before bigger clubs will come calling?

If Mourinho leaves Man Utd, I can see Pochettino going to Old Trafford. I'm sure that Spurs would now look seriously at Eddie in a way they wouldn't have 3 or 4 years ago.

And Eddie may well think that a move to Spurs is the only way he'll get to manage his team at a nice new stadium. If the board don't have the will or the resources to move on up, then Eddie will surely go.

As someone pointed out above......is it anew contract ? Or parts of his original contract clauses kicking in ?

I'm 70% thinking this is the year/season he goes ! His contract situation won't stop anything. When it does happen we will be in Non- league within 4 to 6 seasons. Nice neat Stadium to suit. We will be Big down there! ... but Re-route the Frozen Prawn delivery to Billercay..call in Cockle Kate a la spade and a ground-share deal with Poole Town!
I've painted the picture...no doubt upset a few but it's best to insure your mind for comfort!
My great - grandfather watched the Fresh Cherries at the ground in Castlemain ave. Pokesdown. He was a Longfleet 'ogliarch' who owned a string of Bakeries and Sweetshops across the area. He didn't put any money into the club but paid for new roofs on St James and St Marys churches in Poole. The family businesses went bust in the 1930s due to mismanagment!

...not sure that Eddie is going to agree an improved contract then want to bugger off anytime soon?....this season is the truest test of his abilities to get AFCB seriously competing for a top six to ten finish, I think that he needs to achieve that challenge before bigger clubs will come calling?

Actually, I think Eddie would accept a new contract if someone big made a serious bid for him so that AFCB would get better compensation.

I don't think that's what's happening though, he's just getting off the the foot of the managers pay table and got parity with Dyche.

About 4 years overdue in my opinion, we should be paying whatever we can afford to our clubs single greatest asset.

This looks like only good news to me. Another important building block put in place as part of the long term plan to really establish the Club in the top flight following the gradual transformation of the team from the brilliant old guard that brought us to the Premier League into the even more brilliant young new wave of players.
Slow but sure, and Max has scarcely put a foot wrong so far.

;