New Kings Park Stadium

Tieger

Star Player
In a effort to distract myself ahead of Sunday, thought I would resurrect this old chestnut as it has gone quite quiet (or have I missed something)
Christmas feels like it is coming fast a people last season were saying it was around this time that decisions should have been made with regard to expansion or redevelopment.

With the all most certainty that we sell out every game what do people think the clubs next move will be? Will we get plans this year?

Club will leave decision as long as possible. If we are relegated I doubt they will do anything as we couldn't sell out matches last season when we were top of the league.

Regardless of which division we are in next season we should expand the stadium. We were selling out last season, if we're serious about being a stable prem or championship club then we need a bigger capacity

Our current position means that we will need to wait until later in the season by which time... etc..

As said, worst case scenario we'll need more capacity in the Championship. As long as we weren't struggling too seriously, a competent Championship club we'd be getting enough to warrant a modest expansion.

However it seems clear the club aren't interested in growing the fanbase.

Chris2001 - 29/10/2015 11:26

Don't we need to own it first?

We do own the 'South' end which is the most likely to be developed if we ever chose to do so.

Yes it's a risk when we rent the other 3 sides, I guess it would depend on the contract and relationship with the landlord as to how that risk is managed.

Knocking up a replacement temporary stand, as much larger versions are available, would be a low cost quick turnaround & low risk way to test the waters of increased capacity....Which seemed the logical step to take this season.... But what do I know?

AFCB_REPUBLICAN - 29/10/2015 09:08

We could have sold out every week if the club were willing to sell all of the tickets, the Wolves game being a case in point.

Every week?

What about Brentford, Nottingham Forest, Rotherham, Leeds, Wigan, Charlton, Reading, Brighton, Millwall, Cardiff, Huddersfield, Blackburn as well?

All had around 1000 empty home seats. Many of the people who have enough points to purchase tickets now were eligible then and didn't want to go possibly because we were mid-table and/or because were playing a "non-glamourous" team.

I know long term we could do with a bigger stadium but I would have serious concerns that if we are relegated next season there would be 7000 in DC for the first match vs Rotherham, MK Dons or Preston

All depends on pricing.Stick tickets at £20 quid and that will put bums on seats even against the 'non-glamorous' teams

make it easier to get tickets in a bigger South Stand, pay on gate. many people didn't bother last year because they couldn't (or thought they couldn't) get in on the day.

up capacity and drop the prices, that'll fill the ground in the championship. increasing the capacity is so obvious it's not even a question.

For the club to grow we need more people through the gate regardless of what they are being charged. build a 10,000 seat monster in the south end and charge them a fiver.

We will have added some fans to our fanbase and if the Club is astute (sorry but you can but hope). It would sell more ST's in the new stand and I'd expect a fair number to buy them even based on not wanting to miss out on another promotion and the chance of an ST in the PL again. That's all worst case scenario of relegation too of course.

Should we go down - even if we were to lose Callum - which given he may not be fit - might keep him with us - I'd expect us to only be seriously tested to sell Matt Ritchie. Gradel could go but we would have a cracking forward line of Murray, Kermogant Tomlin and Wilson or serious money from his sale plus Gradel or a wedge.

Arter could go if he shines for the rest of the season but Gosling and Surman should remain and the defence would be as is - less Distin but plus Mings. That would be one hell of a cracking Championship side and an attractive proposition to watch and to be optimistic of an entertaining Season and possible promotion again. £7k - no way - we had 7.5 ST's before and I'd expect us to get that that up by another 2k with the capacity increased.

I haven't engaged in the Golf Course debate so far as I had heard nothing directly about it but met someone yesterday who was pretty confident we had bought it but more as a training Ground and possibly keeping some of the golfing element. I'm not sure what that means bur perhaps a 9 hole course. She said her source was very good from a person 'well in the know' but the proviso is I haven't met her before and I'm always a little dubious of such information but make of it what you will.

I will confess I have a vested interest. Without going into too much detail I used to go to lots of games and then life and death got in the way and stopped me going when things really started to get exciting. I followed from my armchair for most games as getting tickets from Christmas onward last season was tricky (I bought most well in advance) then this season I have struggled to get a ticket to any games too. I have been able to get to a few but I know if the capacity was there I would go to more. The club has lead me to believe I am a minority, but am I? How many season tickets could we sell for next season if we offered them now?
There has got to be a few thousand if. It more in my position who regularly just miss out on tickets as we sell out before we met my points total?

Interesting point regarding the ST's. If the club offered a renewal price of £480 in January I would jump at the chance as I'm sure a load more would. This is the same price I paid last season in the championship. Alas I fear if we are relegated we won't pay much less than we are now, more likely we'll be offered our ST's at this season's price.

;