New Kings Park Stadium

...tbh we still technically have a three sided stadium...and that frankly is an embarrassment to The PL...and us being in it!
There are stands all the way around the pitch. 'Technically' I make that a four-sided stadium, whereas mega-bowls only have one ;-)

There are stands all the way around the pitch. 'Technically' I make that a four-sided stadium, whereas mega-bowls only have one ;-)
Think you'll find a plan of the actual stadium will only show three stands...so to me that is a three sided stadium!...

Unless you are a shareholder, Director, or Senior Management at the club, they don't have to.

They are not answerable to you, or any of us who do not fit those descriptions above.

It doesn't matter how many years you have supported the club, how many miles you have traveled, or even how much money you have put in buckets to keep the club running in the past.

In fact, they are almost certainly NOT free to send you monthly reports - that will be confidential information - for the eyes of those I have listed above only.

We all feel like it is "OUR" club - and we have invested in it in terms of blood sweat and tears - but we are at best, stakeholders, at worst, punters.

We do not own the club. Max and some Americans do. Liz and Neil are answerable to them, not us.

Well thanks for that! I think i'll just build a time machine and go back to 1960 and do a re-run of the journey - do not Pass Go...and side-step the Buckets!

I wholeheartedly applaud the Cherries Trust move to issue a statement to the media, Jeez we all want this ball to start fecking rolling asap. It seems a shame that (well the Ohec at least) haven't even bothered to mention it yet. I guess they don't want to rock the boat lest they get banned again!

Well thanks for that! I think i'll just build a time machine and go back to 1960 and do a re-run of the journey - do not Pass Go...and side-step the Buckets!

The point is Bill, whether we like it or not, we have no say in what happens, and they are not answerable to us. We can complain, and stamp our feet all we like - Liz and Neil are answerable to their bosses, not us.

Also, local Councillors have egos too - and chances are they don't want any information getting out too soon either. The moment the information is out there, they will be inundated with complaints from the nimbys and the naysayers.

Max put his money where his mouth is - and he who pays the piper calls the tune!

Wow! - two cliches in one posting!! - your influence is starting to rub off!

A statement isn't enough. If you want newspapers and local TV/radio to run with a story you have to spoon feed them. That means providing sound bite length quotes they can use attributable to an individual, providing the name and number of someone they can interview, and a human interest storyboard they can use. (For example: This is Clare, she is a nurse and because she works a changing shift pattern she finds it almost impossible to get a ticket even though she went to her first game back in 1987. This is Jonathan would love to take his two children, Josh (12) and Megan (9) to a home game as they both play football and are both Bournemouth mad. Add picture for the Echo of two cute kids in replica shirts holding footballs and looking sad.).

The fact is know one knows and one the surveys your suggesting won't help but given our relatively large conurbation, as suggested by the club 22 - 25k will be ok. I agree we will not fill it to start with except for the bigger teams but there's no reason we can't match the likes of Cardiff, Watford, Huddersfield and Burnley long term.

I don't disagree - I reckon we'd get 22k-24k in the prem for most games and probably 15k in the champ. The point I'm making is that even with 20k odd we won't increase the matchday income by enough to justify the investment if the figures of comparable clubs are anything to go by.

Whether the lack of support at cup games or the drop to one point for league games is an indication of our support is debatable but it is up to fans to keep up their side of the bargain and do what they can to show the support is there.

We are asking the owner to essentially throw cash away on this project and, with respect, the sense of entitlement of some on here and the cherries trust is questionable. I don't necessarily blame the CT for their position as I think the club have brought it on themselves with their dreadful communication. However, we aren't owed a new ground and the least we can do is meet them half way.

I don't disagree - I reckon we'd get 22k-24k in the prem for most games and probably 15k in the champ. The point I'm making is that even with 20k odd we won't increase the matchday income by enough to justify the investment if the figures of comparable clubs are anything to go by.

Whether the lack of support at cup games or the drop to one point for league games is an indication of our support is debatable but it is up to fans to keep up their side of the bargain and do what they can to show the support is there.

We are asking the owner to essentially throw cash away on this project and, with respect, the sense of entitlement of some on here and the cherries trust is questionable. I don't necessarily blame the CT for their position as I think the club have brought it on themselves with their dreadful communication. However, we aren't owed a new ground and the least we can do is meet them half way.
Come on, rich people don't throw cash away. There will no doubt be tax avoidance... sorry incentive schemes that help spending huge sums.

Short term agree that the extra money doesn’t generate a decent payback. Thus understand the dilemma for the club and for Max, who has been a brilliant owner for us and deserves so much praise.

However, long term it does. Hence my father took me to dean court in the 60s and I take my wife and two children. My son gets new kit each season and my daughter gets leisure gear on top of match day admission. Plus he took my brother in the 60s and he takes his children and wife. Thus, over 50 years they have had a decent return on one person attending for the first time leading to ten paying a lot of money to the club each season.

Get the youngsters in now and you should get decent annuity income. It’s just a different business model.

Thus, is the question: how do we get long term investors?

The one point for Cardiff is because fans of away on holiday. Then others with 4 or 5 points didn't bother looking as they thought they had no chance. I know of two in that catagory.
We will get a minimum of 20000 for any home game if we had the capacity.
Even the curser kid might go to one.

We didn't ask the owner to build a new stadium though. 3 or 4 years ago we'd all have been delighted with 3-4 thousand extra added perhaps at the South End of the ground (indeed the club did seem to investigate that). It was the club themselves that decided that wasn't a go-er and instead started feeding us all the new stadium spiel, enjoying all the good vibes from us average joes that came with that.

I

I agree however if we can’t shift 3000 odd non season tickets then demand from existing fans isn’t as large as it appears
I really would like to buy a ticket but how many times every day do I log on trying to get a ticket? The ticket office aren't very helpful in terms of advice if you have zero points. So disheartening..

You have probably nailed it about right Punkers....the bit about the Councillors being very significant and overlooked by myself and others. I should know that from things that have occurred in my area regarding development..it's a situation with many people and angles involved. Some of us have got overly bitter about the time it's taking and the communication aspects. Just hoping now that Max stays onboard! ..and Eddie/Jason.

The size of the ground, we all want to see built, will always be contentious, and is/has been/will be perhaps one of the biggest sticking points in its design... Trying to assess the demand for seats...

We can all spout 20k, 25k 30k etc. on here but the facts are what the club will need to 'largely' base their decision on, and the facts show that we don't warrant anything larger than maybe 20k, at a push.

If you want to gamble on the conurbation, and lets not forget the football tourists etc. then 25k is the absolute limit IMO, but week in-week out, I would have thought we could regularly achieve 15-17k max, and that's with upping the away attendance to a possible 3k. I just don't feel we have the people here that are bothered about us, or footbal in general.... and this isn't a bad thing... I don't give 2 sh*ts that we've got a piss poor following, in relation others...

We're never going to be huge, and I still sometimes travel to certain grounds, having had to park miles away, walk forever, be miles away from the pitch with zero atmosphere, and worse of all, spend an age to get home form the ground again... and I actually think to myself how great the current DC is...

Better to be smaller, with packed 'fans' than huge, with tourists, randoms and shocking atmospheres... IMO of course
Sorry Steve,
I guess you have a season ticket or enough points to get to the games you want to. Try getting tickets with zero points, it's difficult.

;