Next Manager Betting Odds

OK I was wrong but I won’t be up there singing Jonathan Woodgate’s or John Terry’s Red and Black Army with a tear in my eye as with a previous manager.

Definitely a shameful episode from our interim manager even if potentially dodgy motives were ruled out on a technicality.

Considering we need to achieve a minimum of 2 points per game going forward, I simply don't understand the logic if we appoint Terry with no experience. At least Lampard has some.

Realistically for autos we'll need closer to 2.5 ppg.

Exactly. It's not like John Terry is a bloke I want to see do well either. Of all the completely untested rookies out there surely there are more worthy candidates to give a chance to.

It's a shame Lee Johnson is employed again... Always liked the look of him and what he did at Brizzle... Seems to be doing very well up at Sunderland now...

No doubt we'll end up with Terry because of his name alone... I just can't help but feel we may as well stuck with Tindall if we're going to go down the route of someone with zero managerial experience...

The Barnsley dude has popped up a coupe of times on the other thread. I like the sound of someone who is plying their trade already and doing well, but still largely an unknown...

Im thinking Pearson might be suitable for our current situation.
I sincerely hope that he, as well as sorting out the lazy players...would be terse and rude in interviews where appropriate, similar to Roy H or with Cloughs blunt humour - I couldn't stand any more of EH's smarmy diplomacy or the 'frightened rabbit' stuff JT was at.
Pearson set up Leicester well..before the Tinkerman....cashed in on it !..and was quite popular at Watford I think.

Here’s to hoping he doesn’t. There’s more to football management than selecting a formation and hitting go
The style of play needs to be applied at all levels from youngsters up to first team if developing one of our own is the club model.
Does afcb want a first team only manager short term or someone who will be interested and involved in the development of home grown talent?

It's a shame Lee Johnson is employed again... Always liked the look of him and what he did at Brizzle... Seems to be doing very well up at Sunderland now...

No doubt we'll end up with Terry because of his name alone... I just can't help but feel we may as well stuck with Tindall if we're going to go down the route of someone with zero managerial experience...

The Barnsley dude has popped up a coupe of times on the other thread. I like the sound of someone who is plying their trade already and doing well, but still largely an unknown...

I'd take Terry over Tindall every day. I think his stature/reputation will be more than enough to change our level of performance. Can't imagine many people would want to cross or take the p1ss with him either. Hopefully he's learnt a fair bit at Villa and continue to do so quickly if he does take us up.

Ismael is a good shout, appears he's been managing/coaching for quite a while, plus won the Bundesliga as a player for Werder and played for for Bayern

Teams managed
2011–2013 Hannover 96 II
2013–2014 VfL Wolfsburg II
2014 1. FC Nürnberg
2015–2016 VfL Wolfsburg II
2016–2017 VfL Wolfsburg
2018 Apollon Smyrnis
2019–2020 LASK
2020– Barnsley

...I would still pin my colours on Nigel Pearson, a no nonsense type who would have the grit and skill to turn our squad into a team of performers IMO

He has good pedigree and proven manager abilities...

Not sure that our Board would go with an appointment, like Pearson, that may be too abrasive for them?

We have to surely go with a manager who has actually had some degree of success being at the helm of a club...

So no Terry, Woodgate or any other unproven sort...

my top three choices:

Nigel Pearson
Paul Cook
Frank Lampard

in that order!

However for the time being I think that JW will be in the seat for a few matches...

Alex Ferguson always used to advise potential managers to ' look at the stadium first'.
What message would ours give to potential managers from the Bilic / Lampard / Terry school?
This club is really Wycombe or Luton with delusions of grandeur?
What if Fergie had said ' look at who your bosses will be'.
Blake / Hughes / Finney.
What would that tell them about the job they were considering?
'I can handle this lot, or I really would have expected better at a club with such ambitions?'
It would be good to appoint someone who understood AFCB rather than someone who sees this as a job opportunity / stepping stone, but I am honestly not sure who that is.

The style of play needs to be applied at all levels from youngsters up to first team if developing one of our own is the club model.
Does afcb want a first team only manager short term or someone who will be interested and involved in the development of home grown talent?

The model can be applied through all the age groups without one singular formation being played or having one person over seeing everything.

Alex Ferguson always used to advise potential managers to ' look at the stadium first'.
What message would ours give to potential managers from the Bilic / Lampard / Terry school?
This club is really Wycombe or Luton with delusions of grandeur?
What if Fergie had said ' look at who your bosses will be'.
Blake / Hughes / Finney.
What would that tell them about the job they were considering?
'I can handle this lot, or I really would have expected better at a club with such ambitions?'
It would be good to appoint someone who understood AFCB rather than someone who sees this as a job opportunity / stepping stone, but I am honestly not sure who that is.
Do you really think Liz Finney is one of the bosses of the club's Manager???

Our players wouldn't give anything to Lee. Maybe I shouldn't post rumours but I have heard that there are 2 camps within the dressing room and that things are pretty toxic between them.

Not really, but as I read it if Blake isn't around who is next on the list? Who would a manager go to in such circumstances with some non football related issue? Mostyn?
I was attempting to make the point that we are rather thin at that level in terms of the quality one might expect.

All the previous "failures" from the past crop up time and time again. It is the same merry go round I just hope someone might apply who can not just inspire the team but us as well.

Our players wouldn't give anything to Lee. Maybe I shouldn't post rumours but I have heard that there are 2 camps within the dressing room and that things are pretty toxic between them.

If true, someone needs to bang their f*cking heads together and tell them to grow up... Again, if true, whoever comes in has pretty much got mission impossible on their hands...

John Terry odds on favourite? With his background? Seriously?

In what conceivable way would he be a good fit with the image of the club?

Just…why?

Surely not.

I think you'll find he does a lot of charity work if that makes you feel better. He was on TalkSport only 2 nights ago speaking very eloquently & knowledgably about trying to help a critically ill kid.

and it wasn't some dodgy-sounding tax avoiding off-shore charity foundation type-scheme, it was real knowing the kids, hands-on, understanding the medical situation selling his stuff (medals , kits etc) for them type charity work....

Last edited by a moderator:

;