Nob head steward at Villa

GARYafCb

Fans' Favourite
A bloke a couple of rows from me was watching with his 2 boys (about 8/10 ish)
Both stood on the seats so they could see, as everyone was standing.
Nob head steward shouts down to him to get the kids off the seats.
Kids have to get down - and can therefore see nothing.
A few around us told him he was an idiot - but, “no standing on the seats!”

Now, I know being an officious twāt is part of the job description for a steward
But this prize git must have gone home very pleased with himself, having ruined a couple of young kids afternoon.

A bloke a couple of rows from me was watching with his 2 boys (about 8/10 ish)
Both stood on the seats so they could see, as everyone was standing.
Nob head steward shouts down to him to get the kids off the seats.
Kids have to get down - and can therefore see nothing.
A few around us told him he was an idiot - but, “no standing on the seats!”

Now, I know being an officious twāt is part of the job description for a steward
But this prize git must have gone home very pleased with himself, having ruined a couple of young kids afternoon.

Yeah I was in the row above them and witnessed this. Absolutely bizarre and totally unnecessary.

I laughed at someone's comment to the Steward of "well, why are you standing then?" when he complained that we should all be sat down. Was that you?

Probably come under health and safety in case one of them fell off the seat.

Would Villa be held responsible for not telling them to sit down?

If everyone was standing then it should be the same rule for everyone, whether the seats were involved or not. He was clearly just picking on the easy targets.

If everyone was standing then it should be the same rule for everyone, whether the seats were involved or not. He was clearly just picking on the easy targets.

Dunno, standing on concrete and standing on plastic collapsible seats are a bit different in terms of likeliness to fall over. It's a shame our fans don't operate like most the PL away fans where they go wherever they want, first come first served and ignore seat numbers. This way kids and those that want to sit can go at the front.

Yep seen that, glad to see the kids rodded him clean off after a few minutes and carried standing on the chair. I don't think the steward wanted to come back and tell him to get down again after the mouthfull he got.

Dunno, standing on concrete and standing on plastic collapsible seats are a bit different in terms of likeliness to fall over. It's a shame our fans don't operate like most the PL away fans where they go wherever they want, first come first served and ignore seat numbers. This way kids and those that want to sit can go at the front.
Disagree, to do that you would have to get to the ground early to guarantee a seat at the front. It is much simpler to go on the ticket website pick your seat and everyone stick to it otherwise how do you even know which tunnel to go through up to the seating area.
The front rows should be reserved for those with kids and those who cannot stand or choose not to - and those areas should be enforced - and I say that as someone who prefers to stand.
Agree with the bit about dangers of kids standing on collapsible seats - what could possibly go wrong ..................................................

;