Non - ABBA - Any Fans On Here?

Looking forward to hearing their new music Billy as you would expect from a Werther's supporter. Wait for Republican who I assume would detest Abba in public but in private who knows.

I was speaking to Benny about it just the other week. he seemed excited to get some new songs out there.

How did you get to speak to him?

Thinking of ABBA brings back memories of when I was driving our family around the Isle of Skye just listening to ABBA’s music on the car journey.

Looking forward to hearing their new music Billy as you would expect from a Werther's supporter. Wait for Republican who I assume would detest Abba in public but in private who knows.

On a different tact Ron, my mate and his wife are on their way back from a cruise to Liverpool and they were going to do a ‘Beatles Tour’.

Went there for a few days with my wife a few years back, time of our promotion to the PL.

Love the City and the people we met were really friendly, had a good chat with a bus driver of the tours of the City who was an Everton fan, he saw our football in the Championship on TV and was impressed.

Had an evening down the Cavern Club listening to some groups, one which was the locals favourite Beatles Tribute Band.

Last edited:
ABBA are quite a phenomenon really. I think most people rate them - I'm primarily a rock/blues/krautrock/psychedelia/heavy metal fan but have always been impressed by their music. They made truly fabulous pop songs, but maybe their re-emergence will not enhance their legacy. From what I heard of the new release yesterday, I wasn't that impressed.

ABBA are quite a phenomenon really. I think most people rate them - I'm primarily a rock/blues/krautrock/psychedelia/heavy metal fan but have always been impressed by their music. They made truly fabulous pop songs, but maybe their re-emergence will not enhance their legacy. From what I heard of the new release yesterday, I wasn't that impressed.

I heard it once and had the same response, but heard it again a bit later and it sounded better, maybe it grows on you, but it’s just one off the album.

I was way to into 'music' to have any time for ABBA back in the '70's

50 years later I have to admit rather guiltily that my feelings haven't changed.

I know it's fashionable to love their kitsch retro appeal, but I just don't get it.

In the words of Midge Ure, "This means nothing to me"

Didn't then, doesn't now.

It's not unpleasant, it's just like aural white sliced bread.

How is Benny doing since Crossroads finished?
Got to know Benny through horseracing many years ago, he owns quite a few horses both in Sweden and England.
Jessica and Padraig Long train his horses in Sweden just outside of Malmo.
Benny visits the Copenhagen racecourse quite a lot, his horses run under the name of Chess racing.
His latest big race win was a G2 at Goodwood won by Lavender Blue.

I was way to into 'music' to have any time for ABBA back in the '70's

50 years later I have to admit rather guiltily that my feelings haven't changed.

I know it's fashionable to love their kitsch retro appeal, but I just don't get it.

In the words of Midge Ure, "This means nothing to me"

Didn't then, doesn't now.

It's not unpleasant, it's just like aural white sliced bread.
Yay! Aural White Sliced Bread are one of my ever favourites groups from the ABBA era….please tell me they’re on a comeback too!

Always liked ABBA, even back in the 70s when they were uncool.

Fabulous songwriters, in terms of pure pop melodies I'd rate them right up there with Lennon and McCartney.

How could anyone not like this piece of perfection ?

;