NON Aretha franklin has left us

Blues Brothers on Prime. Fantastic early evening watching it.
Aretha.. RIP.
Music that will last for eternity.

Soul music has never really been my thing so while obviously I’d heard of her, I didn’t really know her music.

Watching the tributes on the news, I realised that a lot of the soul records that I had heard and enjoyed over the years were sung by Aretha. I feel I’ve missed out by only really discovering her music now, but wow what an incredible voice!

What can you say, quite simply the best female singer of her time. Peerless is a word being used to describe her, can't disagree.

Table the Younger put a You Tube video of her singing Nessan Dorma on Facebook. Might not be for opera lovers but she doesn't half belt it out.

R.i.p.. THE Queen of Soul.

What can you say, quite simply the best female singer of her time. Peerless is a word being used to describe her, can't disagree.

Table the Younger put a You Tube video of her singing Nessan Dorma on Facebook. Might not be for opera lovers but she doesn't half belt it out.

I was going to put that she was the best female singer but then I couldn't think of a better male singer either.

As others have said - even if you don't particularly like soul I don't think you could dislike her voice.

Not only could she sing better than anyone, she could do it effortlessly while playing the piano. One of those rare people that transcend the rest of their industry.

The great thing about musicians though is you can enjoy their prime for ever...so people on this thread that say they have missed out...it’s never too late to download her ( or anyone else’s ) back catalogue...crack open a beer, spark up and fill your body with beauty.

I was lucky to see her live in the 70,s what a voice....
when you watch this turn your sound up....

Last edited:
Just turned BBC 1 on and there is a tribute programme that I assume started at 9pm Saturday. Will watch it on iplayer for those who like me didn't know the programme was on.

;