Non Arsenal

Shhhhh!

You are not meant to know that the Premier League is an elite institution designed to channel revenue to the top clubs and this will be protected at all costs.

What's that, you say? People know about this? So, up to three clubs will be charged with something and points deducted to protect Arsenal from relegation?

If push started coming to shove and Arsenal did look like dropping (unlikely at it is) I would not be surprised if the PL pulled something out their backside. Like the proposed 'special shareholder' scheme they were talking about the other month.

Arsenal never actually got promoted to the top division in the first place, instead using some shady dealing and contacts to bypass that particular requirement and simply get placed up there at the expense of a team that had earned it. They'll probably just do the same thing again.

Arsenal never actually got promoted to the top division in the first place, instead using some shady dealing and contacts to bypass that particular requirement and simply get placed up there at the expense of a team that had earned it. They'll probably just do the same thing again.
I'm all for conspiracy theories but please elaborate.

I don't know why anyone is surprised Arsenal are doing so badly. What surprises me is that they are still considered a "big 6" club.

They've had starting 11s for 10+ years now full of players that wouldn't even make "other" top 6 benches with maybe 1 outstanding individual mixed in. Somehow Wenger managed to keep them hanging on.

Only now are they sat correctly where they are - a bunch of bang average players doing about as well as to be expected if you only looked at ability and not the ridiculous amount Arsenal pay to and pay for their players.

Their statement of intent in relying on total basket cases like David Luiz, who has made a career of being erratic and is hardly going to improve at his age, tells you all you need to know.

The funniest thing about it is the entitlement of Arsenal fans who think they should still be the best team in the country because they beat Man U to the title 19 years ago and have got a big stadium now.

I agree that almost everything will be done to make sure they don't go down were they to end up in such a perilous position. This happened when VAR was first used - a Bournemouth player goes down in the box vs a big club. "VAR review", you think. But nothing is checked and a far softer incident up the other end is reviewed and given in the big club's favour 30 seconds later.

It's so transparent it's almost like watching the Tories at work.

...there is absolutely no doubt that when football jumped on the big betting bandwagon bribes and influences on matches were happening...I remember a few games where the floodlights went out back in the 90's whilst it was being broadcast on live TV...strange that this doesn't happen anymore. Probably due to more sophisticated types of money transfers etc to player,officials and others who could influence matches and change the way things might end up.

I don't think that any of the top six could ever be relegated from The PL and Arsenal will stay up because PL plc need their big clubs to keep their product viable...that is how the PL like it a few yo-yo clubs who can't really ever stay safe...

...to quote Keegan "I would love it" if they went down though :)

Last edited:
New sports need inventing...Football is virtually finished due to VAR....unless they bin it !
Heading the ball will be banned in the next few years....so it looks like its all over bar the shouting!

I'm just thankful that Boscombe had a few years of glory and a few top notch results....while it was still relatively good fayre!

New sports need inventing...Football is virtually finished due to VAR....unless they bin it !
Heading the ball will be banned in the next few years....so it looks like its all over bar the shouting!

I'm just thankful that Boscombe had a few years of glory and a few top notch results....while it was still relatively good fayre!

You'd only whinge incessantly about them if new sports were invented. If it's not the good old days Brian is moaning about it.

These bloody Weather People on the telly...why do they keep moving the High and Low pressure areas around on their maps...
....we don't have sailing clippers any more...we don't need wind !

;