Non - Bad driving

I'm not quite sure about this undertaking business, I have been travelling on the M18 / M1 every day for the past 25 years, and still cannot understand why the centre and outside lanes are chock full at 50 to 60mph and the inside lane is empty, if you stick to the 70mph speed limit how do you overtake apart from undertaking, happily they seem to have found a solution at last, they have a dedicated inside lane of 4 to turn left, so now you can happily drive past the two outer lanes at 50 to 60 the inside lane at 30 to 40 doing your regulated 70mph.... can't you?

Coming from Kenya, where it can take 2 hours to drive 2 miles, to driving in Denmark where there are great roads and not much traffic, is luxury.
Here you have to give way if a car is coming on to the motorway from a slip road. In some areas you can drive 130 kmh, (81mph) on the motorway but I am one of those take it easy drivers who sticks to the inner lane doing around 100 kmh.

Coming from Kenya, where it can take 2 hours to drive 2 miles, to driving in Denmark where there are great roads and not much traffic, is luxury.
Here you have to give way if a car is coming on to the motorway from a slip road. In some areas you can drive 130 kmh, (81mph) on the motorway but I am one of those take it easy drivers who sticks to the inner lane doing around 100 kmh.
Not sure if the term"slip road" means the access (or on ramp) to the highway.

Anyway, you have hit on one of my biggest peeves. Heavy traffic. A guy in the slow lane cuts over to the on ramp lane, typically crossing a solid white line, so he can move up ahead of a half-dozen cars before coming back into his original lane. :mad:

Indicator signals in roundabouts: We don't have many roundabouts here, and had even fewer when I was there in 2012 and 2014. My wife's cousin was constantly at me to "use your indicator" when I was in a roundabout. Unfortunately, with everything being opposite to a NA vehicle, I mostly managed to turn on the windshield wipers ............ :shrug:

Ive made mistakes, we all make mistakes. Its how you deal with them that separates us. How easy is it to hold up a hand and say your sorry instead of giving someone the finger and blaming them instead?

Ive twice witnessed terrible driving by a certain ex manager of ours who likes sunbeds. It tells you a lot about the person.
Yeah, I've witnessed it. He thinks bus lanes were put in place just for him.

Not sure if the term"slip road" means the access (or on ramp) to the highway.

Anyway, you have hit on one of my biggest peeves. Heavy traffic. A guy in the slow lane cuts over to the on ramp lane, typically crossing a solid white line, so he can move up ahead of a half-dozen cars before coming back into his original lane. :mad:

Indicator signals in roundabouts: We don't have many roundabouts here, and had even fewer when I was there in 2012 and 2014. My wife's cousin was constantly at me to "use your indicator" when I was in a roundabout. Unfortunately, with everything being opposite to a NA vehicle, I mostly managed to turn on the windshield wipers ............ :shrug:
Driving in England, weren't the wipers on already on?

the middle lane is populated by folks dawdling along at 50 or less who never change lane and seem oblivious to all other vehicles.

Strange. Anyone entering the country for the first time and driving up the M2 or M20 could gain the impression that driving in the middle lane is actually compulsory.

In some countries it's the convention unless you want to overtake or leave or enter the motorway.

I was disappointed to find people don't always move out of my way when I recently bought my first agressive looking performance bmw.

I thought that was part of the deal when buying such a car. Very disappointed :D

I was disappointed to find people don't always move out of my way when I recently bought my first agressive looking performance bmw.

I thought that was part of the deal when buying such a car. Very disappointed :D
These days the twunts tend to drive Audis, I find.
BMW seemed to lose that crown about five to ten years ago.
Still, at least they've now got you in their team and you can do your best to help them reclaim that title - good luck MB1980 ;)
:thumbup::smoke:

;