non - big news for Line of Duty fans

...I hope that they don't bring it back again as you should always leave the audience wanting more...like The Bodyguard or Tin Star did?

too many times a series is kept going just for the past ratings...Homeland, to me was the same they just ruined it by stretching the stories beyond credulity...

The BBC may think otherwise as it has been such a huge hit and the cast, certainly the main characters, can almost write their own cheques if they want...

...I hope that they don't bring it back again as you should always leave the audience wanting more...like The Bodyguard or Tin Star did?

too many times a series is kept going just for the past ratings...Homeland, to me was the same they just ruined it by stretching the stories beyond credulity...

The BBC may think otherwise as it has been such a huge hit and the cast, certainly the main characters, can almost write their own cheques if they want...

I always thought a second series of the bodyguard was planned? Agree ref Homeland though.

I think they've left enough doors ajar to do another series without it feeling like they're just milking it.

Prison Break was the best example of this. Series 1 probably one of the best series of television, certainly at the time but once they actually broke out of prison you'd think there wouldn't be much else to work with...and there wasn't yet they dragged it out for years.

Also been watching Between the Lines on BBC 4.

Series 1 with 13 episodes on a similar theme.

That came to a conclusion with the ’big man’ caught.

Even though it is from the 1990’s it is worth watching.

Lot of familiar faces we see today on TV, in smaller parts then.

There's few series that get better, most go downhill pretty quick as ideas run out.

Blackadder just got better and better and knew when to stop, most series just end up flogging a very dead horse to death.

Even after all this time, Fawlty Towers is still funny.

As are Dad’s Army and O F & H.

I've watched some Fawlty Towers recently and personally thought they hadn't stood the passage of time.
Maybe my sense of humour has changed.

As for Dad's Army, I didn't laugh much the first time round.

I've watched some Fawlty Towers recently and personally thought they hadn't stood the passage of time.

Everybody’s taste in humour is different, hence different styles of comedy over the years.

On IMDb the audience vote for series 6:

Episode 1 - 7.7
Episode 2 - 8.3
Episode 3 - 8.5
Episode 4 - 9.3
Episode 5 - 9.5
Episode 6 - 8.4
Episode 7 - 5.1

Series - 8.7

Just started looking at the earlier series again and on Series 2 at the moment.

Funny seeing the 13-year-old character Ryan in Series 1 and then nine years later in the last series, still the same actor playing the part.

I recently watched some Monty Python from the early 70s....left me utterly cold, whereas back in the 70s, I would be doubled up with laughter.

Just seems utterly predictable these days, but at the time, it was the height of surreal, cutting-edge humour.

On IMDb the audience vote for series 6:

Episode 1 - 7.7
Episode 2 - 8.3
Episode 3 - 8.5
Episode 4 - 9.3
Episode 5 - 9.5
Episode 6 - 8.4
Episode 7 - 5.1

Series - 8.7

Just started looking at the earlier series again and on Series 2 at the moment.

Funny seeing the 13-year-old character Ryan in Series 1 and then nine years later in the last series, still the same actor playing the part.

I found it quite funny that the series creator felt the need to do this. Not everyone’s going to love everything you do, but he seems to feel that the majority of negative reactions are simply a social media lynch mob. I’d probably give the finale a 5 or 6 out of 10, it’s obviously not a 1/10 dumpster fire or anything but lots of people have legitimate issues with it.

;