Non-Bootham Crescent

Bootham Crescent, was there in the 90's when Jimmy Glass ran around the post supposedly to let it fall harmlessly out of play only for it to drop in the net, first goal the player had ever scored as well, good old Jim, he was a character.

Hasxa few days in York last month, substitute for Crete.
Great place, sadly didn't get to pay a visit to Bootham Crescent or New ground to have a look.
Dud and evening game early 90s when working in the area, (wasn't v afcb) , certainly looked better in the dark!

24 hour round trip to Bootham Crescent early 80s. Lost 4-0.

You didn't lose 4-0...you came away having urged 0-4….something to savour and be proud of...some supporter ..as I've said before iirc ..possibly the best ever ..you might not like the credits..I don't know..
but...

I feel sad when I see abandoned football grounds in the same way I feel sad when I see old pubs boarded up or knocked down. I think back to all the life that was once there, all of the experiences that filled people's lives, the characters, the memories that were made there.

I remember, must have been sometime in the 1980s, being in Bradford and searching for what used to be Bradford Park Avenue's old ground. It was just a derelict site, with only a few clues as to what it had once been.

Imagine if that had happened to Dean Court, a place where I have spent many thousands of hours of my life, all the highs and lows that I experienced there. Doesn't bear thinking about.

;