NON : Bournemouth 2.0 - the Santa Monica Of England !

This news hasn't got to Scotland yet ! apparently we are the size of Lytchett with a duck pond in the middle of our green.............................

Really interesting article - nice to see something more positive than the comments section on the OHEC.

The Article may talk up the positive and overlook the negative (and of course there are issues) but how nice to see something positive for once.

This news hasn't got to Scotland yet ! apparently we are the size of Lytchett with a duck pond in the middle of our green.............................

Minster or Matravers...? Although I guess it don't matter...
both about the equivalent standard of Rangers and Celtic !

It is a decent read and has made me rethink my outlook of the deteriorating town and incompetents that run BCP and ponder the growth that is going on behind the scenes...

I'm still not sure it is the Bournemouth I know and I'm really unsure where the 'growing music scene and quirky independent high-street shops' are...???

Nevertheless, it's good to get positive press :)

God, the bit about the art being displayed in the gallery in Debenhams is straight out of Nathan Barley.

Excruciating.

And then Dhani Harrison gets name dropped.

Winton gets a mention too! I always knew it was trendy.

Did you know Winton, a small town in the Aussie Outback, was where the first ever time 'Waltzing Matilda' was performed? (In a pub there)

There needs to be a Walkabout in Winton.

It is a decent read and has made me rethink my outlook of the deteriorating town and incompetents that run BCP and ponder the growth that is going on behind the scenes...

I'm still not sure it is the Bournemouth I know and I'm really unsure where the 'growing music scene and quirky independent high-street shops' are...???

Nevertheless, it's good to get positive press :)
Then you haven't looked.

There's an awesome music scene in Bournemouth and some brilliant artists.

Then you haven't looked.

There's an awesome music scene in Bournemouth and some brilliant artists.

I guess it's what you see as a 'growing music scene'.. Every town has a music scene of sorts... However, I would consider a 'growing music scene' to be something more than just bands playing in pubs etc. I personally don't see or hear of too many bands making it to the next step that have come out of Bournemouth...?

I'm not trying to be funny, I am generally interested as I do love new music and seeing bands play, so if there is something I'm missing out on then I'd genuinely love to know about it..

Bournemouth's music scene has been shite for decades.
Late 60s and 70s I used to go to the Disque a Go Go at the Landsdowne. Manfred Mann was there a lot plus some other good acts. Also the Bure Club at Mudeford had some top bands, (not in Bournemouth but nearby).

Bournemouth's music scene has been shite for decades.

Yeah and even most the bars play the same poppy dance/rnb songs.

Not that shopping is my thing, but it seems similar. Plenty of safe, middle of the road stuff, not a lot of choice or originality.

A long way from places like Brighton, never mind London.

Late 60s and 70s I used to go to the Disque a Go Go at the Landsdowne. Manfred Mann was there a lot plus some other good acts. Also the Bure Club at Mudeford had some top bands, (not in Bournemouth but nearby).
Apart from Liverpool, The Beatles played Bournemouth more often than any other provincial UK city. I can dimly recall thousands of girls milling around the Winter Gardens when the Fab Four were staying at that hotel (now Premier Inn) on Westover Road.

Occasionally I'd work the spotlights at the Winter Gardens when my Brother took a day off. Adam Faith, Sandie Shaw, Lulu and others of that era. Always got back stage and met some of them. Never thought to get autographs.

Interesting read and something I wouldn't have noticed in the main as an exile living near Exeter. When I come up for home games I often bring my other half, who is wholeheartedly a Devonshire lass. She loves Bournemouth. For her it's something we may take for granted. It's the number of trees along our avenues and the great green spaces. I can't think of another place quite like it. Kudos to the Victorian planners!

Interesting read and something I wouldn't have noticed in the main as an exile living near Exeter. When I come up for home games I often bring my other half, who is wholeheartedly a Devonshire lass. She loves Bournemouth. For her it's something we may take for granted. It's the number of trees along our avenues and the great green spaces. I can't think of another place quite like it. Kudos to the Victorian planners!

Sadly if they could BCP would build on Meyrick, Queens, Kings and Poole Parks.

;