NON Bournemouth Pubs

Hollie's in Moordown was my regular in the late 80's.

Absolutely the best times of my life.Thursday.Friday and Sunday nights were brilliant ,pub completely rammed.
I played cricket for Suttoners so the Hollies was our base after games, always packed on a Saturday - perhaps that’s why you went on all the other nights :grinning:

Kings Arms Wallisdown, two sunday football teams, pool team, darts, cards and shove ha'penny, jukebox and a bus outside which either took you home or to B'm'th. Happy days.

Kings Arms Wallisdown, two sunday football teams, pool team, darts, cards and shove ha'penny, jukebox and a bus outside which either took you home or to B'm'th. Happy days.
We kidnapped Alan Bruce from there ( I think) and took him to The Bell.
We had a mate who was a driver for cosy coaches, got him to stop outside. Do you remember that? Lol.
I think we tried do the same with the one you call ‘The Bournemouth Runner’. We failed.

We kidnapped Alan Bruce from there ( I think) and took him to The Bell.
We had a mate who was a driver for cosy coaches, got him to stop outside. Do you remember that? Lol.
I think we tried do the same with the one you call ‘The Bournemouth Runner’. We failed.

I remember the wall outside the Chelsea Village after someone "sprayed it up" :lol:

I played cricket for Suttoners so the Hollies was our base after games, always packed on a Saturday - perhaps that’s why you went on all the other nights :grinning:

Nope ! Went every night ,(and lunchtimes where possible)as vice captain and secretary of darts team, but Saturday was usually a bit (note ; a bit ) quieter than those other nights.

The SEA SEA SEA VIEW POSSE . Sea View pub Sorely missed , a sort of bar/ youth club in late 80’s . Bikers in the one bar local chav teenagers in the other .. we didn’t often cross paths but chaos when we did .

Bournemouth wasn't great for pubs when I was growing up although had some good nights in the Criterion and Gander. I think the reason was the Councill at the time were trying to keep Bournemouth for the old retired people and were reluctant to allow Pub startups.

Early 80's Rossmore, Albion and the Retreat. Later Beaufort bars in Westbourne, Central Bars, Fox, Pembroke Shades. 5th Avenue nightclub. Swan in Poole.
Charlies bar in Branksome (Woodman) and the Halfway in Bournemouth Road.

Early 80's Rossmore, Albion and the Retreat. Later Beaufort bars in Westbourne, Central Bars, Fox, Pembroke Shades. 5th Avenue nightclub. Swan in Poole.
Charlies bar in Branksome (Woodman) and the Halfway in Bournemouth Road.
Pembroke Sades!!
I didn’t have you down as a scouser. :cool::tank:

Thursday pub quiz was good in the Seagull mid 90's!

I'm late 40's so drinking here was 88-mid90's really. Lived near The Ensbury, but never went in much. First drinking mainly Poppies club for cheap Krony, then a variety. Had good nights in the Hop n Kilderkin, Winton Banks, Artful Dodger & Jug of Ale in town. Liked the Criterion and what about Rick's Cocktail bar :love:. Not forgetting the Mousetrap in the Triangle too..(before it changed LOL)

Bank holiday Sunday nights at the Malt n Hops (Steam House) were always quality (Rock night).

Didn't really go to one pub constantly.

;