Non - Brexit

Wonder what odds the bookies would offer on....Britain after all this fuss will NOT come out of the EU. .Brexit not happening at all...I'm starting to get an idea that something strange is going on....is Mrs May playing a very under handed game.?..she was a Remainer when all this was in its beginnings...and Tories have always been notoriously slippery. What has she got to lose now.......deliberately derailing the thing and resigning but giving the impression she fought hard to push it through! Remainers might get their second referendum eventually. Only half the country would hate her and she would have what she wanted in the first place. Plus a quiet life in retirement!
It's not so far fetched if you consider we are closer to a civil war or revolution than we have ever been since Cromwell!

Last edited:
There are many younger people who will be affected by Brexit for several years,and do not have an entitlement to vote, and want to be enfranchised.
Two of my grandchildren are teenagers and another one is two years old.
Should the teenagers be allowed to vote before or after doing their homework, and should the two year old cast her vote whilst her wet pooey nappy is being changed.?

Strange exceptions to the Norm as well.......Yesterday there was an Old Minx amongst the remain crowd shouting about Leavers being 'Thick'... She looked like Waynetta Slob...she was Smokiin A Feg!

I think it is less age-orientated than some are claiming, making up figures to suit.. to make it seem like we are depriving the next generations. We were young in 74 and fed c##p by Heath!

Last edited:
My figure is not made up. Us old farts are clearly taking away a future the young wanted. You can argue that it was a fair vote and sod the young but there appears to be a real arrogance among many of the leavers, probably down to the narrow margin of victory. I’m leaving this thread for a while now so I don’t have to read the puerile insults of the less eloquent amongst us who don’t share my point of view.

My figure is not made up. Us old farts are clearly taking away a future the young wanted. You can argue that it was a fair vote and sod the young but there appears to be a real arrogance among many of the leavers, probably down to the narrow margin of victory. I’m leaving this thread for a while now so I don’t have to read the puerile insults of the less eloquent amongst us who don’t share my point of view.

Yeah take the high road Stan .Its not like you EVER throw insults around is it . The reason your running off ( again)is because your arguments have no grounds ?

What’s insulting is a bunch of kids that couldn’t be arsed to get out and vote now wanting a redo. Now that’s arrogance . If I was a teen that made the effort I would be more p*ssed off at my mates that didn’t make the time to vote than the oldies that did .

Taking away a future from those that wanted it ? Yeah they wanted it soooooo much they couldn't be arsed to vote !!! Now they want a rerun because its sooooo unfair.

Yeah take the high road Stan .Its not like you EVER throw insults around is it . The reason your running off ( again)is because your arguments have no grounds ?

What’s insulting is a bunch of kids that couldn’t be arsed to get out and vote now wanting a redo. Now that’s arrogance . If I was a teen that made the effort I would be more p*ssed off at my mates that didn’t make the time to vote than the oldies that did .

The 36% turnout figure for under 25s was an estimate at the time of the vote. It has since been shown to be a vast underestimate with the true figure being 64%.

https://www.opinium.co.uk/did-young-people-bother-to-vote-in-the-eu-referendum/

https://www.ipsos.com/ipsos-mori/en-uk/how-britain-voted-2016-eu-referendum

Taking away a future from those that wanted it ? Yeah they wanted it soooooo much they couldn't be arsed to vote !!! Now they want a rerun because its sooooo unfair.

To be fair, some did vote, unfortunately instead of going to a polling station some voted on social media sites. This was mentioned later after the result and interviews with some young voters.

71% people under 25 voted to remain.

Not a dig at yo but I see stats like this come up all the time. They are lies, speculation if we're not assuming malicious intent, fresco segmenting based on opinion polls or assuming natural split of local demographic at best

Votes are anonymous and private, there's no way to know how people of certain age groups voted. When I see stuff like this reported as news it really gets my goat

The 36% turnout figure for under 25s was an estimate at the time of the vote. It has since been shown to be a vast underestimate with the true figure being 64%.

Not a dig at yo but I see stats like this come up all the time. They are lies, speculation if we're not assuming malicious intent, fresco segmenting based on opinion polls or assuming natural split of local demographic at best

Votes are anonymous and private, there's no way to know how people of certain age groups voted. When I see stuff like this reported as news it really gets my goat

You only have to see the opinion polls pathetic attempts to predict the result beforehand to see they’re not worth the paper they’re written on .

Most of the people at yesterdays demo were there for one reason....to take photos, text updates to other hooligans and be part of what they think is a game changer! Half the F##ckers probably have never even seen a History book let alone read one! The 3 year olds, perched on their shoulders or hanging out of backsacks, steering them around like lost ostriches, would rather be at home building Lego Eiffel Towers !
IT WAS A ......DEM... O.... CRATIC......VOTE - FFS!

;